PAULL PARISH COUNCIL: Minutes of the meeting held Thursday 7 November 2019

1.    a:  Apologies for absence :  Cllrs Shaw, Failey, Allen, Annison and Steel

b: In attendance :

Cllrs Lowde (in the chair), Hulme, Hodgson, Leach, Beadle, Carlill,  Cllr Thurston

0 Members of the public.


2.         Declarations of Interest (if relevant) Cllr Leach re YEP


3.         Minutes of the meeting held on Thursday, 3 October 2019

Proposed: Cllr Hodgson; Seconded: Cllr Lowde; Vote: carries unanimously


4.       Matters Arising Therefrom


·         Parish Assets-parish boundary maps shared,-log to be compiled- Play Park, Cemetery, Amenity Land in Main Street-does it need registering to PPC (Cllr Steel will check) Small piece of Amenity Land adjacent to The Old Vicarage -or is this ERYC (Cllr Steel will check) ie seats along the riverbank (dilapidated), seats on the HCC land, bus shelters, salt bins-do we own some ie near South Pasture??  Clerk will contact Cllr Allen re walkabout/photographs of parish assets/state of parish assets. Plan needed for monthly checks to commence. Ongoing

·         End of World War in Europe, 75years-8/9/10 May 2020—Cllr Hodgson has spoken to Fort Paull, will contact them again after their break. Cllrs Hodgson and Carlill to look at organising a working group.

·         Defibrillator training-tbc Thursday 28 November, 6.30pm start in the Village Hall, Cllr Hodgson has put information on facebook

·         Remembrance Sunday, 10 November 2019, 3pm, refreshments by Mrs Coggs afterwards in the Village Hall— Huge thanks to everyone concerned for their kindness and hard work – Also a beautiful remembrance display on the stage in the village hall-many thanks to Lyn Gorbutt and Vickie Douglas

·         The old blacksmith shop in Main Street- pre-planning application to ERYC?

·         Footpath repairs- schedule of works shared

·         Playpark/Community area—Cllrs Beadle and Leach will survey the gate and catch safety with a view to making finger proof. Rubber matting is in situ by the combine harvester- it was placed at the same time as the combine by the installers. Many thanks to Cllr Leach who has kindly capped the bolts





5.    Continuing Matters :


·  YEP- Planning application to be heard by ERYC 14 November, it has been widely broadcast that it is recommended to reject (Historic England, Local Drainage Board are not in favour of the application, and it has been stated that it can ‘go across the road on the ABP site.’ PP councillors concerned that this planning application could be rejected in favour of the HIEP- await outcome of planning hearing

·  ABP Humber International Park- no update- PADEL meeting due

·   Shipyard- Caravan manufacturers have left the shipyard, the gates have been locked and notices placed on them. Update by letter 8 November from the Traffic Commissioner is that the Operator Licence has now been withdrawn

·  National Grid Joint Venture-no issues with the successful removal of ‘Mary’ to King George Dock, also Cllr Shaw to attend ceremony in the tunnel-date change—now 11 January 2020










6.    Correspondence


a.  Rough Sleeper survey 19 November-clerk to complete

b.  Community Forum PX, 6pm, 27 November, 6pm at Lambert house—Cllrs Shaw and Hodgson to attend

c.  Topics for the ERYC Overview and Scrutiny Committee—clerk to submit countywide problem of fly-tipping

d.  ERYC revised Code of Conduct-noted-await outcome from ERNLLCA

e.  Healthwatch information-noted

f.   Community Motion request re National Energy Campaign-noted

g.  Positive Activity Grant-noted

h.  Dementia Friendly Communities training—noted-clerk to respond-could be something to look at in 2020

i.    Litter picking Paull Foreshore, clerk to respond to Holderness Lions re difficulty accessing the foreshore, access is near the old lighthouses and the cranch, often litter at the back of the playing field












7.    Forums

a.    Yorkshire Water – nothing to report

b.    B.P. /PX– Community Forum as above

c.     Nippon Gohsei : Nothing to report


d.    Triton Power Ltd (prev S.C.C Ltd)- nothing to report

e.    Vivergo : nothing to report


f. Ineos : nothing to report


g. Environment Agency : Clerk to contact EA- Councillors concerned regarding the lack of communication, particularly when the job ended, also the removing of facilities ie steps—when the work cost some £6million














8.    Committees

a. Development & Conservation : ABP & YEP ongoing.  Retrospective planning for siting of portacabin as garden shed at 24 Thorngumbald Road, Paull-noted, floor plan? concern around retrospective planning in the future
b. Able UK & ABP/Siemens : ABP as above,

c. Police / Neighbourhood Watch : latest figures noted, also ASB figures noted, Safe and Sound grant information shared and noted


d. Lighting : nothing to report
e. Allotments : nothing to report

f. School info: nothing to report
g. Sports field: no response from AP @HCC


h. Community area/play park-as above

i. Road Safety / Highways: nothing to report

j. Emergency: Emergency Plan ongoing- needs submitting to County Hall when updated

k. Transport: nothing to report


l. Village Hall: Production of ‘Putting on the Ritz’ sadly not a big turn out for what was termed ‘a fantastic act.’  Annual Carol Concert 13 December


































K.       Finance:

a): clerk salary, stamps £8.40, funeral £50 (JB)

b): £100 half year rent sports field HCC

c): Remembrance Day refreshments Mrs Coggs £120

d): Deposited £500 (JB funeral)

–approved unanimously



9.           Any Questions:

1)       Councillors requested that a letter goes to Mr & Mrs Daniels for the excellent bonfire display

2)      Open Gardens-The 12 Days of Christmas, at 3 Fletchergate, Hedon on 7th and 14 December

3)      January Parish Council meeting – agreed to be held on Thursday 9 January 2020 (instead of 2 Jan)


There being no other business, the meeting closed at 8.35pm




Next Meeting:


7pm, Thursday, 5 December 2019,


upstairs observation deck of the Village Hall, disabled access available