PAULL PARISH COUNCIL  : Minutes of the meeting held Thursday 6 April 2017

1.    a:  Apologies for absence :  Cllr Beadle
b: In attendance :
Cllrs Shaw, Annison, Woodmansey,  Allen, Hulme, Carlill, Failey,  Lowde, ERYC Cllr Steel,  Andrew Gibson (YWT) & Members of the public. 
2.         Declarations of Interest (if relevant)


3.         Minutes of the meeting held on Thursday 2 March  2017

Proposed : Cllr Hulme ;  Seconded: Cllr Allen;  Vote: carries unanimously


4.       Matters Arising Therefrom :


a)      National Grid-pipeline work at Paull to commence in the next few weeks

b)      Carpark, woods, football field

c)       Bus shelters now installed- flags needed for 3 bus stops, and timetable cases needed for 2 stops, also 2 panes missing from Allotment shelter

d)      Plaque wording for Humber Tavern shelter-Cllrs Shaw and Hulme

e)      Plaque wording for Mrs Franks dedication with Cllr Beadle

f)        Topping of graves-Holderness Landscapes

g)      Paghill Parking-ongoing -Cllr Steel

h)      House in Paghill-HMO/B&B- thanks to Cllr Steel

i)        Manhole covers- excellent job by Cllr Beadle

j)        Playland catalogues & Veolia grantfunding

k)      Changes to the corner of Townend Road- has Mike Peeke visited the site—no update to Cllr Steel

l)        Note re trailer left in Main Street—concerns that the trailer is still there- Cllr’s to speak to the owner

m)    Litter pick by ERYC- not fully completed- Cllr Steel

n)      Charity status- to be known as ‘Paull Village Improvement’-all but one councillor to be trustees-Cllr Lowde gave guidance on being involved, and information re Trustees Indemnity

o)      Potholes near Anson Villas-huge thanks to ALL concerned

p)      Hart donation

q)      Path to the church- difficult for push chairs and wheelchairs-have been reported to ER








b)Cllr Shaw to make contact with HCC

c)clerk to contact D McGurn at ERYC, and obtain price for panes




j)Cllr Failey queried if a committee could be set up, charity status, get a design and prices so there is a target figure and will liaise with FOPS





q)Cllr Steel will report to Streetscene

5.    Continuing Matters :


·  Bank Mandate: now changed over

·  Declaration and code of conduct forms: need completing at May meeting

·  Yorkshire Enterprise Park/Yorkshire Energy? Park:  planning to go into ERYC in April, but not to planning until September, another public meeting is to be held


·  Sae Defences: Cllr Steel has had an assurance that the area of concern will be made safe, notice at the gate has information of key holders to the field gate if access is needed, PPC need to be in contact when the project commences, ERYC need notification of who owns/ rents the land


·  Parish Plan: ongoing -Cllrs Shaw and Lowde- Cllr Steel informed that the Emergency Plan completed by Withernsea Town Council was invaluable when there was the outage on the gas supply


·  Website: up and running
·  Village Hall :  Cllr Lowde-liaising between A Knight  and B Woodmansey re website



·  Altzheimers pop in: any opportunity to set up a roadshow will be passed to ERYC contact

·  Photos for PPC website- more from Cllr Beadle when weather improves, also Cllr Lowde will pursue the whereabouts of the old slides/ photos bought by PPC, to enable them to be uploaded onto PPC website

·  Town & Parish Council Liaison Meeting : 10 May 2017, Hedon Town Hall, 5.30pm for 6pm-8pm -Put on May agenda (Cllr Shaw available)

·  Village Walkabout: 20 June 2017. 09.45am Village Hall- Cllr Woodmansey

·  The England Coastal Path: PPC get some information- Andrew Gibson will make contact to ensure PPC receive all information updates




























6.    Correspondence


a.  Estuary TV- local news from parishes


b.  ERNLLCA newsletter-circulated

c.  Outstrays to Skeffling re-alignment-information circulated
d.  Verbal complaint regarding the whereabouts of slides/photographs purchased by PPC

e.  PKF Littlejohn re annual return-Cllr Lowde

f.   Approval for headstone- agreed

g.  Concerns re rows being too close together in the new graveyard—the rows were marked out as per the original plan- each row has a marker- check the plans-do the plans need changing??

h.  Penninsula and local councils invite-noted

i.    Grantfinder-Armed Forces Day grant- noted- pass to Paull Fort



a)Cllr Failey took information






d)Cllr Lowde will make contact with those concerned to retrieve







i)clerk emailed the information to Paull Fort

7.    Forums

a.    Yorkshire Water – nothing to report

b.    B.P. – report from forum 5 April 2017 attended by Cllrs Shaw & Woodmansey-the management of the chemicals park has changed to PX, BP will continue with a long term commitment to the site-also the new wood acetylation plant will create 30 jobs, BP will continue to operate the ammonia plant on behalf of YARA.  Questions raised regarding safety on the site when PX take over, assurance were given regarding their excellent safety record. Concerns were raised regarding the sounding of the alarms again and no warnings or communication was made by BP to the local communities-and nothing reported on the local radio- BP explained that it has been a fault that is hopefully rectified, but did assure that there will be open  communication in the future.

c.     Nippon Gohsei : Nothing to report


d.    S.C.C. Ltd : nothing to report

e.    Vivergo : nothing to report


f.   Ineos : nothing to report














8.    Committees

a. Development & Conservation : ERYC will continue to inform parish councils of planning applications


b. Able UK & ABP/Siemens : nothing new to report

c.              Police / Neighbourhood Watch : statistics received and discussed, update  from AG regarding motorbikes.  Police had been in Paull at lunchtime today- can we clarify if this will be a regular visit?

AG stressed that ANY concerns are reported to the police, this gives a clearer picture, and the police have more powers at their disposal
d. Lighting : hole now mended at 8 Back Lane
e. Allotments : Cllr Beadle has collected rents for 18 allotments

f.   School info : recruitment of 2 parent governors and one co-opted governor
g. Sports field : invoice for half-yearly rent  £100

h. Playground: as above

i.   Road Safety / Highways : Cllr Failey suggested that Safer Roads Humber are contacted regarding speeding cars in the village (as negative response received from ERYC), also maybe the local police team could work with the primary school using a speed gun

j.   Emergency : previous village emergency plan and new template- Cllr Shaw

k.  Transport : Thanks to Mr Franks and Mrs Marshall for attending the transport meeting at Bishop Burton on behalf of the parish council, for agreeing to continue as bus champions.

A discussion took place regarding the new bus timetable, the complaint received was read out (email to Mr Franks).

Mr Franks and Mrs Marshall explained that there is a community bus (CB3) which is organised by Burton Pidsea (contact is B Marwood)- it has been extended from 6 to 18 months-and is funded by grants from various sources- could we explore the possibility and costings for it to include Paull?


l) Village Hall: update from Cllr Lowde re meeting 9 March










c) clerk to email PCSO








e) clerk to bank £400







i)clerk to contact Safer Roads Humber, and the local police team

j)clerk to email electronic format to Cllr Shaw



k)clerk to email Mr Franks complaint received, he will forward to EYMS,

clerk to contact Mr Marwood


K.       Finance :
a: £50 cheque received from WP Everingham

b : £100 half yearly rent to NPS to pay

c: £0 rate for sports field
d : Annual Return – distributed and discussed- agreed
All approved unanimously.




a)clerk to bank

b)cheque sent by post


d)annual return for PKF -Cllr Lowde

9.           Any Questions
a) Cllr Hulme queried if PPC has had any updates from the Environment Agency regarding the commencement of the works behind the stables, as he has been informed that the work will not start for at least a year- clerk has not received any information or update 

b) Andrew Gibson raised that the bins have been purchased, a discussion will take place at a future meeting regarding costings, also that YWT have purchased picnic tables but will place them when works are finished. He also informed that the camper in the bird hide has now gone, and the heavy plant tracks seen have been reported to the EA. Andrew stated that he has cut back the hedges on the lane down to the water opposite High Paull Farm.


c)concerns were raised about a van parked across the pavement at Rosegarth Bungalows















c) Cllr Hulme









10.     Next Meeting: Thursday, 4 May 2017, Upper deck of the Village Hall


        7pm-Annual Parish meeting, immediately followed by May Parish Council Meeting