PAULL PARISH COUNCIL: Minutes of the meeting held Thursday 4 October 2018

1.    a:  Apologies for absence :  Cllrs Hodgson, Hulme, Beadle, Annison
b: In attendance :
Cllrs Shaw, Lowde, Failey, Leach, Carlill, Allen,   Cllrs Steel, Dennis &Thurston, 5 Members of the public. 
2.         Declarations of Interest (if relevant) none


3.         Minutes of the meeting held on Thursday 6 September 2018

Proposed: Cllr Failey; Seconded: Lowde; Vote: carries unanimously


4.       Matters Arising Therefrom


·         ABP plans for Humber International Enterprise Park (ABP Jersey)—a long discussion took place regarding the plans, information was shared from the planning consultation evening hosted by ABP 4/10/10/18. David Morriss- ABP- has agreed to another consultation forum before November Parish council meeting (some residents didn’t get the information leaflet informing of 4/10)

There was detailed information shared from the Local Development Plan June 2013.

There was a suggestion that residents email David Morriss of ABP directly with their concerns.

An anonymous letter was shared, outlining concerns

It was noted that the planning application is a renewal of the outline planning permission previously granted in 2013, any detailed planning will be submitted for purpose- built units for interested parties.

Cllr Dennis explained that this land has been allocated as an Enterprise Zone for a number of years. He also stated that The Hedon aerodrome land planning application which is with ERYC planners is not submitted by APB, and is in a green belt. Information arose from last night’s meeting that there would be no need for the Hedon plan to continue??

There was huge concern regarding the road networks and the massive traffic problems getting into and out of Hull, and the effect of 7,500 extra workers (ceiling in the LDP was 1800), haulage etc etc . Businesses that used the A1033 would be severely affected.

More difficulties for Emergency Services.

There is also the huge problem of potential flooding, building on established farmland, light and noise pollution.

The scale is disproportionate -the size, the amount of buildings proposed were discussed, and it appears that this allocated land is larger than in the original plan- what was the process that extended the original plan which was HAVA & HAVB-now a third block included?? It seems that the largest building will be 1 million square feet. In the LDO it states that no more that 30% of the total land could be developed. The scale is completely beyond what had been consulted.

The whole plan is too near the village/ residents- needs to be a buffer zone -buffer zone had been a change submitted and included in the 2013 Local Plan. It was also stated that the Enterprise Zone would be towards Paull, and not general industrial.

Any observations from Natural England, Environment Agency?

Since 2006, Paull has been a Conservation Area.

Cllr Steel stated that the land is approved for development, it needs managing well.

Does funding run out in 2 years for the proposed new site roads?

It was agreed that the parish council will make representations to oppose the proposed plan.

Circulate date of next consultation meeting, then arrange extraordinary parish council meeting

Any comments / suggestions for literature to Cllr Shaw



·         Reverend Susan Walker has agreed to conduct 11 November 100 Year Commemorative Service- clerk to confirm.   Arrangements: D Davies has kindly ordered the wreath on behalf of PPC.  Louise Robinson has kindly agreed to supply power. Steve Verity kindly looking to arrange the bugler, Cllr & Mrs Carlill of Mrs Cogs Thorngumbald kindly doing the catering, Stella confirmed that Di Edmondson has booked the village hall for after the ceremony. Need to arrange either keyboard and player, or music.

– clerk to explore prices for composite commemorative bench,(and also price up picnic benches)

·         Vacant Vice chair-Councillor Failey nominated by Cllr Allen, seconded by Cllr Carlill, unanimous vote. It will be discussed at a further meeting re vacancy





Clerk to contact parish councils in Holderness as they will be affected -road networks etc.

Clerk to contact Stephen Hunt, Chief Planning Officer at ERYC to request more time to collate our information.



Individual letters?


5.    Continuing Matters :


·  Community Recreation Area:  Cllr Failey gave an update. New cheque book with correct name received. Final bill not yet received for play equipment. Cllr Steel will support Cllr Failey with grant application.

·  Charity status- Cllr Lowde can now complete documentation and change the constitution











6.    Correspondence


a.  Spam mail-noted, display poster

b.  Ottringham invitation-respond

c.  Festive Lighting- directive and guidance from ERYC-noted

d.  Surveillance camera information and guidance-noted

e.  ERNLLCA newsletter-circulated












7.    Forums

a.    Yorkshire Water – nothing to report

b.    B.P. /PX– nothing to report—residents concerned that there has been no updated emergency information – Cllr Steel to explore

c.     Nippon Gohsei : Nothing to report


d.    Triton Power Ltd (prev S.C.C Ltd)- nothing to report

e.    Vivergo : Site to close down completely end September 2018


f. Ineos : nothing to report


g. Environment Agency : Nothing to report













8.    Committees

a. Development & Conservation : Planning application alteration-Thorn Marsh Wet grassland, Bellcroft Lane Thorngumbald by Hull Eco Park. Clerk to respond, also ABP application -as above
b. Able UK & ABP/Siemens : ABP as above

c. Police / Neighbourhood Watch : –information shared dated 7 Sept & 4 Oct 2018


d. Lighting : nothing to report
e. Allotments : nothing to report

f .School info : National Grid leaflet with Science grant info passed to the school, they are doing a poppy display, any donations please to school before 7 Nov
g. Sports field: half year rent due


h. Community Area: as above

i. Road Safety / Highways :  Road to Thorngumbald in need of attention- Cllr Steel will pursue

j. Emergency : nothing to report

k. Transport : KF & BM informed that EYMS now owned by Go North East/Go Ahead, no changes in operations, but could be a possible change as 3 hour wait in Hedon difficult, possible new survey?


l) Village Hall: show went really well, last car boot 6 Oct if weather permits. Dianne Davies had a nasty fall outside the hall- the uneven path has previously been reported to ERYC- is it Kcom??





























K.       Finance :

a) : clerk salary October

b): Rent football field £100

c): Paid in-Precept £4,750

d): Paid in -balance Community Fund £1,836

e): Paid in- £50 donation from Hedon Rangers

f): Exchange of £190 cheque from and to Community Fund

All unanimously approved



9.           Any Questions :

Complaint to Cllr Steel from resident that the self-cleaning glass doesn’t appear to be self-cleaning- Cllr Steel will explore


There being no other business, the meeting closed at 8.50pm




10.     Next Meeting: 7pm, Thursday, 1 November 2018, upstairs observation deck of the Village Hall, disabled access available —- please note- venue is subject to a possible change