PAULL PARISH COUNCIL: Minutes of the meeting held Thursday 5 March 2020

1.    a:  Apologies for absence :  Cllrs Failey, Carlill, Allen, Hodgson

b: In attendance :

Cllrs Shaw, Hulme, Annison, Leach, Beadle, Lowde,

Cllr Steel, Cllr Thurston

3 Members of the public.

2.         Declarations of Interest (if relevant)


3.         Minutes of the meeting held on Thursday, 6 February 2020

Proposed: Cllr Hulme; Seconded: Cllr Beadle; Vote: Carries unanimously

4.       Matters Arising Therefrom


·         Amenity Land main Street-Cllr Shaw to look through the advice paperwork from Land Registry

·         Fort Paull permanent closure- English heritage and Historic England aware of auction sale

·         Manhole cover replaced, awaiting decision by HCC on the repair of the potholes High Paull

·         Environment Agency- Councillors unhappy with EA responses to concerns of how the site has been left-clerk to email B Sharkey to ask him to contact Cllr Hulme

·         Noise from Saltend jetty- any problems call the Site Shift manager




5.    Continuing Matters :


·  Parish Assets- ongoing

·  End of World War in Europe—Clerk to contact Cllr Hodgson for update, Cllr Shaw to discuss with Cllr Hodgson-possible £500 grant available from ERYC if firm plans in place (Hedon 3 days of celebrations)

·  ABP- ERYC awaiting revised plans, which will then be published, and Paull Parish Council informed

·  YEP- Cllr Steel and Cllr Thurston advised that these plans are now awaiting a decision from the Secretary of State, nothing can progress until the decision is made

·  Men in Sheds- Cllr Hulme exploring

·  National Grid- updated schedule of works received and noted, JB informed that NG have fitted his house with a noise meter.









6.    Correspondence


a.  Various fundings available-information form Cllr Dennis- noted- clerk to discuss with Cllr Allen re new pumps

b.  Fabrication North East—commemorative 75-year benches—discussed- Cllr Beadle will explore prices with local manufacturer and advise clerk

c.  Defibrillator-now back in situ in working order (advised it wasn’t used)

d.  Temporary Order Newlands Lane-noted

e.  Town and parish Councils draft charter- clerk to respond

f.   Mature driver event-noted- information to Cllr Leach

g.  Free Training on play area safety -noted

h.  Beech Rise lighting- correspondence between resident and ERYC noted—PPC has not sufficient funds to purchase and maintain any lighting- clerk to email resident to inform

i.    Strategy Humber-information noted- information passed to Cllr Hulme











7.    Forums

a.    Yorkshire Water: nothing to report

b.    B.P. /PX: nothing to report

c.     Nippon Gohsei : nothing to report


d.    Triton Power Ltd (prev S.C.C Ltd) nothing to report

e.    Vivergo : looking to reopen?


f. Ineos : nothing to report


g. Environment Agency : -clerk to contact B Sharkey-as above, Cllrs Shaw and Hulme to attend any arranged meetings













8.    Committees

a. Development & Conservation: ABP ongoing, YEP ongoing
b. Able UK & ABP/Siemens: ABP-awaiting new planning application

c. Police / Neighbourhood Watch: police information shared and noted. Police are promoting NW, meeting in Haven Arms next week (Cllrs Steel and Thurston will feed back to PPC, speakers possible invite to PPC?) people can be responsible for small areas of the village- needs one person to co-ordinate, note in the notice board for any interest, ask Cllr Hodgson to ask if any interest on FB


d. Lighting: Beech Rise-as above
e. Allotments: pass on Cllr Beadle contact details re spare allotment, Cllr Beadle agreed he will be collecting the rents again this year

f. School info: Cllr Hodgson liaising with the head re 75 year celebrations
g. Sports field: next car boot beginning of April if ground not waterlogged. ‘No parking signs’ to be ordered for gate so that the ERYC grass cutter can access the site at all times


h. Community area: Cllr Carlill has purchased more bolt caps, Cllrs Beadle and Leach to liaise to ensure they’re fitted. They will also move the pallets and bricks from the play area

i. Road Safety / Highways: New markings and signs in situ


j. Emergency: Emergency Plan ongoing- needs submitting to County Hall when updated

k. Transport: nothing to report


l. Village Hall: nothing to report


































K.       Finance:

a): clerk salary

b): YW allotments £56.88

c): HMRC £165.60

all unanimously approved




9.           Any Questions:   Councillor Hulme informed that there is a fantastic show of violets in the village which needs publicising, he will send clerk pictures, clerk will ask Cllr Hodgson to put on FB. Cllr Hulme also asked that, as the carpark was used for testing sea mines, could we look at accessing some sea mines to create a display (MOD???), with an information board showing the history. Cllr Steel will inform clerk of Enhancing Communities contact details.

Concerns were raised regarding the access onto Paghill Estate sometimes being blocked by parked vehicles- problem for emergency services who need constant access- information needs to go to the police. Also lots of parking on the grass–ERYC visit in the day when it’s clear—photographs need to be provided to ERYC.

Problems with water draining near the BBC field- the ditch has gradually been filled in with garden waste.

YW had flushed and drained the fire hydrants onto Townend Road- it was stated that it will take up to a year for the water to clear.


There being no other business, the meeting closed at 8.30pm




Next Meeting:


7pm, Thursday, 2 April 2020,


upstairs observation deck of the Village Hall, disabled access available