PAULL PARISH COUNCIL: Minutes of the meeting held Thursday 6 February 2020

1.    a:  Apologies for absence :  Cllrs Failey, Carlill, Allen

b: In attendance :

Cllrs Shaw, Hulme, Annison, Hodgson, Leach, Beadle, Lowde,

Cllr Steel, Cllr Thurston

3 Members of the public.


2.         Declarations of Interest (if relevant)


3.         Minutes of the meeting held on Thursday, 9 January 2020

Proposed: Cllr Hodgson; Seconded: Cllr Annison; Vote: Carries unanimously



4.       Matters Arising Therefrom


·         Amenity Land main Street-Land Registry-clerk has taken advice from Land Registry and now has the forms to look at completing

·         ‘Stop’ signs instead of ‘give way’ at the corner of back Lane and Main Street—response from Ruth Wilson ERYC- will not be looking to change to stop- works to be carried out will be to refresh the give way road markings, all road markings inc centre lines, centre  warning lines, SLOWS, dragons teeth, and 30 roundel on Hedon Rd Paull, on the approach to the junction with Back Rd all to be refreshed. 2 further ‘SLOW’ markings to be added on Paull bound carriageway, and the junction of Back Rd. Ruth has also logged a request for the hedge to be cut back HARD by ER groundsmen to improve visibility when exiting Back Rd onto Hedon Rd Paull

·         Fort Paull permanent closure and sale of the historic site and contents in June 2020—clerk to contact English Heritage/ Historic England to ensure that they are aware of the sale-possible purchase

·         Manhole cover missing on drain next to High Paull- concerns 12’ drop-clerk to contact NPS, also inform again of the poor state of High Paull Lane

·         Beverley Community Lift-leaflet passed to Cllr Steel, she will look into if there is anything local to Paull.






5.    Continuing Matters :


·  Parish Assets- ongoing

·  End of World War in Europe—Cllr Hodgson will speak with Paull Primary School re any plans, the parish council are willing to make a donation, clerk to email Cllr Steel to ask if any fundings are available from ERYC

·  ABP- ERYC awaiting revised plans, which will then be published, and Paull Parish Council informed

·  YEP- Cllr Steel and Cllr Thurston advised that these plans are now awaiting a decision from the Secretary of State, nothing can progress until the decision is made

·  Shipyard- Cllr Hulme felt that this was too big a venue for a possible ‘Men in Sheds’-Cllr Steel will query availability of 2 garages, Cllr Hulme will contact the successful project in Withernsea, also Cllr Hulme can email Cllr Steel, she can look to see if there is funding available

·  National Grid- Cllr Shaw and Mr Burns gave an update of their amazing visit and travel in the underground pipeline











6.    Correspondence


a.  DH Tender for grass cutting, cemetery etc, agreed unanimously

b.  HART -donation -£100 agreed unanimously

c.  Temporary Road Closure Back Lane/Dark Lane etc for road surfacing–noted











7.    Forums

a.    Yorkshire Water: nothing to report

b.    B.P. /PX: nothing to report

c.     Nippon Gohsei : nothing to report


d.    Triton Power Ltd (prev S.C.C Ltd) nothing to report

e.    Vivergo : nothing to report


f. Ineos : nothing to report


g. Environment Agency : -clerk to contact Tom Cochrane to inform, and send in pictures of the ‘horrendous’ state of the land, and the inaccessibility-much of which is under a foot of water, and thick mud.















8.    Committees

a. Development & Conservation: variation of condition 5 (approved plans) ref 17/02503/CM/16/00916/CM, Tricoya Ventures UK Ltd, Saltend Chemicals Park- noted-no comment to be submitted
b. Able UK & ABP/Siemens: awaiting new planning application

c. Police / Neighbourhood Watch: police walkabout-Village Hall 10am-11am 19 February 2020


d. Lighting: nothing further to report
e. Allotments: nothing to report

f. School info: nothing to report
g. Sports field: nothing to report


h. Community area: Cllr Carlill has purchased more bolt caps

i. Road Safety / Highways: response from R Wilson re Back Lane junction as above


j. Emergency: Emergency Plan ongoing- needs submitting to County Hall when updated

k. Transport: nothing to report


l. Village Hall: nothing to report


































K.       Finance:

a): clerk salary, stamps £8.40

b): HART donation £100

c): DH gateposts playpark £70

all unanimously approved





9.           Any Questions:   Councillor Lowde will access a parish council pump for a resident to clear surface water



There being no other business, the meeting closed at 8.45pm




Next Meeting:


7pm, Thursday, 5 March 2020,


upstairs observation deck of the Village Hall, disabled access available