PAULL PARISH COUNCIL: Minutes of the meeting held Thursday 3 October 2019

    Action
1.    a:  Apologies for absence :  Cllrs Failey, Allen, Hulme, Beadle

 

 

b: In attendance :

Cllrs Shaw, Lowde, Hodgson, Leach, Annison, Carlill,  Cllr Steel, Cllr Thurston

4 Members of the public.

   
2.         Declarations of Interest (if relevant) none

 

   
3.         Minutes of the meeting held on Thursday, 5 September 2019

Proposed: Cllr Hodgson; Seconded: Cllr Shaw; Vote: carries unanimously

 

   
4.       Matters Arising Therefrom

 

·         Parish Assets-parish boundary maps shared (includes the HCC owned land?)-log to be compiled- Play Park, Cemetery, Amenity Land in Main Street-does it need registering to PPC (Cllr Steel will check) Small piece of Amenity Land adjacent to The Old Vicarage -or is this ERYC (Cllr Steel will check) ie seats along the riverbank (dilapidated), seats on the HCC land, bus shelters, salt bins-do we own some ie near South Pasture??  Clerk/Cllr Leach will speak with Cllr Allen re walkabout/photographs of parish assets/state of parish assets. Plan needed for monthly checks to commence.

·         End of World War in Europe, 75years-8/9/10 May 2020—Cllr Hodgson will contact Fort Paull for contact details of BR-are they arranging something that PPC can join? Cllr Hodgson to contact LT, who is involved in re-enactments, Cllr Hodgson informed that school are happy to be involved-the children are to learn the old songs—working group???

·         Defibrillator training-tbc Thursday 24 October, 6.30pm start in the Village Hall, notice to be displayed

·         Remembrance Sunday, 10 November 201, 3pm, Rev Sue Pulko, refreshments by Mrs Coggs afterwards in the Village Hall— Huge thanks to everyone concerned for their kindness and hard work (PPC to donate cost of Church wreath)

 

   

 

 

5.    Continuing Matters :

 

·  ABP Humber International Park- letter shared from the ERYC portal which has been sent in by Cllr J Dennis re HIEP & YEP -stating that the YEP would be better placed on the proposed HIEP development- noted

·   Shipyard- no update re operators licence, sea defences in hand, any difficulties need support of photographs

·  National Grid Joint Venture-thanks for presentation emailed, the Tunnel Boring Machine will be transported from the Paull Site down Back Lane to King George Dock -9am-6pm on Wed 9 October and Thursday 10 October-rolling road closures-managed by the police—residents sent postcards to inform and ‘no parking’ information

·  Mobile, Thorngumbald Road-ERYC have informed resident that it needs planning permission

 

   

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

6.    Correspondence

 

a.  ERNLLCA newsletter-shared

b.  ERNLLCA clerk training-all agreed

c.  Councillor allowances survey-completed, Cllrs happy for no allowances

d.  Self-build information from ERYC-shared and noted

e.  Polling district area and map-all happy to keep existing polling district

f.   ROSPA Annual Inspection of Play Park- Cllr Shaw has read the report- clerk to price up kite mark standard cushioning for near the combine harvester, finger guard needed for gate, monitor splitting on logs-bolt covers on leapfrog—Cllr Leach to inform clerk of size and amount needed (info re supplier from Cllr Steel) clerk and Cllr Shaw to speak to DH re something to climb on for monkey frame

g.  Humber and Wolds Action-£25 renewal subscription-all agree

h.  Environmental Steering Group Information-emailed out, noted

i.    4FabFriends-letter received from the group thanking the parish council for the donation, clerk has emailed thanks from the councillors for the wonderful work they have done in the village and play park

 

   

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

7.    Forums

a.    Yorkshire Water – nothing to report

b.    B.P. /PX– nothing to report

c.     Nippon Gohsei : Nothing to report

 

d.    Triton Power Ltd (prev S.C.C Ltd)- nothing to report

e.    Vivergo : is the plant to start up again??

 

f. Ineos : nothing to report

 

g. Environment Agency : nothing to report

 

 

   

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

8.    Committees

a. Development & Conservation : ABP & YEP ongoing. 16/03571/STVARV Power Holdings- Preston Parish-variation of approved plans-noted
b. Able UK & ABP/Siemens : ABP as above,

c. Police / Neighbourhood Watch : No dates for any village walkabouts, no updates received

 

d. Lighting : information given again that each lamppost has a sticker with it’s unique number, and the direct telephone number for ERYC, all need to ring in,
e. Allotments : nothing to report

f. School info:
g. Sports field: clerk to again contact HCC

 

h. Community Area: as above

i. Road Safety / Highways:

j. Emergency: Emergency Plan ongoing- needs submitting to County Hall when updated

k. Transport: KF happy to continue as Transport Champion for Paull, also-KF also advised that should anyone want to transport residents to GP/hospital appointments, they need to inform their vehicle insurer prior

 

l. Village Hall: Production of ‘Putting on the Ritz’ Sat 12 October 2019-tickets Cllr Lowde, KF- £3, last car boot Saturday, 5 October 2019, weather permitting

   

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

K.       Finance:

a): clerk salary

b): ROSPA Annual Inspection (£86 + £17.20 vat) £103.20

c): HWRA membership £25

d): Holderness Landscapes £1770

e): Parish Council Poppy Wreath-Lady Haig’s Foundation  (£35+ £6 Vat) £41

f): Church and Village Hall Wreaths-Lady Haig’s Foundation-(£56.33+ £11.27 Vat) £67.60

g): Deposited £5000 precept

 

 

–approved unanimously

   

 

9.           Any Questions:

1)       Before Mike Peeke (ERYC) retired he had been on a village walkabout, and agreed that the pavements throughout the village were in need of repair, but although the roads were marked up in July for repair, nothing has happened with the pavements—Cllr Steel will explore

2)      Neighbourhood Watch-KF has put a note in the village newsletter querying if anyone would like to run a NW, clerk advised that anyone interested would need to contact Safer Communities at ERYC, as it would be a complete separate entity to the parish council

 

 

There being no other business, the meeting closed at 8.10pm

 

   

 

Next Meeting:

 

 7pm, Thursday, 7 November 2019,

 

upstairs observation deck of the Village Hall, disabled access available