PAULL PARISH COUNCIL: Minutes of the meeting held Thursday 5 September 2019

1.    a:  Apologies for absence :  Cllrs Carlill, Leach, Failey, Annison



b: In attendance :

Cllrs Shaw, Lowde, Hulme, Hodgson, Beadle, Allen, Cllr Steel, Cllr Thurston

3 Members of the public.


2.         Declarations of Interest (if relevant) none


3.         Minutes of the meeting held on Thursday, 4 July 2019

Proposed: Cllr Hulme; Seconded: Cllr Hodgson; Vote: carries unanimously


4.       Matters Arising Therefrom


·         National Grid, Joint Venture—presentation by Isam Aldroubi National Grid Construction Engineer, and Mark Merrie Project Manager, the tunnel boring machine Mary is due to arrive at the Paull shaft on Monday, 9 September. Residents will be informed of the movement of the massive parts (by postcard)as Back Lane will need to be kept clear (dates tbc-possibly 18 & 20 Sept, also 23 & 25 Sept) -2 to 3 hours movement time, will be accompanied by police, the route is advised by the local authorities and the police to King George Dock (elevation and bends too tight on Rosehill track)-the gantries are not oversized and will be taken out on agreed route via Thorngumbald Road.  Directional Lighting on site sorted, continually monitored—only cleaning through the night so no noise-shaft and tunnel will be flooded with natural water to aid the fitting of the pipes.  Thanks given, and also emailed

·         Environment Agency-clerk had responded on behalf of PPC to agree a kissing-gate, some councillors stated that it was felt that items of concern that were raised with TC in July’s meeting were dismissed

·         Community Recreation Area-some signs already in place, benches had been anchored but again removed to enable young people to access the bars (GS/DH/ 4FabFriends to look at providing a more suitable frame)

Cllr Shaw continuing to log weekly inspections, ROSPA first Annual Inspection due September (unaccompanied)

·         Lifestyle-4Fab Friends—GS had met and agreed with the team the volunteering tasks that they were doing round the village and the community play area. All agreed £100 donation

·         Salt for bins-all filled

·         Shipyard- Paul Cusick has visited the shipyard re the moving of the sea defence rocks-he will ensure that they are all back in place. Information shared regarding the application for an operators licence for 2 wagons for the shipyard. Several residents have submitted representations to the Traffic Commissioner. Any Objections now have to be submitted, these have to come from ERYC-Cllr Steel to pursue

·         Parish Assets-parish boundary map (KF will email) -log to be compiled- ie seats/bus shelters/cemetery etc (Print off for Oct mtg) plan needed for monthly checks to commence





5.    Continuing Matters :


·  ABP Humber International Park- Cllr Shaw took recent information

·  Yorkshire Energy Park-Cllr Dennis email noted

·  75 Years end of World War in Europe 8/9/10 May 2020- working group to be established- then other groups/interested parties to be contacted

·  Remembrance Sunday, 10 November 2019, 3pm-clerk to liaise re  ceremony, chairs, flag, bugler, vicar,wreath and refreshments









6.    Correspondence


a.  Parish assets (see above)

b.  Review of Community Emergency Plan-almost completed for submitting to ERYC

c.  ER Local Plan review-noted (Paull not mentioned)

d.  HNP (Humber nature Partnership)-update presentation offer from G Kell -look at again in Spring

e.  ERYC cabinet quarterly newsletter- all councillors happy to share their email addresses

f.   Fire Brigade ‘have your say’ Cllr Allen to respond online

g.  Highways survey-completed online

h.  Grass cutting-problem with tractor accessing the football field-flagged to PCSO–Cllr Lowde spoke to driver blocking the gate, and he will also put sign up, Cllr Hulme will pass his gate key to Cllr Lowde for the grass cutter to use in the season

i.    British Heart Foundation-noted-we have no premises to site a bin

j.    Community-led Housing Event-Parish Rooms Beverley, 5 October 2019-noted

k.  CCG Annual General Meeting-Goole 17 September 2019-noted

l.    Police and Crime Commissioner meetings-noted-

m.     Good Councillor guide books—Cllrs Shaw and Steel took copies

n.  City Health Care Partnership-free defibrillator training—much interest—clerk to contact and arrange sessions, can we do several in one evening? (max 12 per session) (poster?)












7.    Forums

a.    Yorkshire Water – nothing to report

b.    B.P. /PX– nothing to report

c.     Nippon Gohsei : Nothing to report


d.    Triton Power Ltd (prev S.C.C Ltd)- nothing to report

e.    Vivergo : is the plant to start up again??


f. Ineos : nothing to report


g. Environment Agency : see above-














8.    Committees

a. Development & Conservation : ABP & YEP ongoing. Operator’s licence application for 2 lorries Paull Shipyard. Also is planning permission needed for property in Thorngumbald Road mobile/permitted development ?-Cllr Steel will explore
b. Able UK & ABP/Siemens : ABP as above, Able UK have emailed with contact details

c. Police / Neighbourhood Watch : No dates for any village walkabouts, police figures noted, public can join community alert


d. Lighting :
e. Allotments : nothing to report

f. School info: new caretaker
g. Sports field: pebbles on the grass


h. Community Area: as above

i. Road Safety / Highways:

j. Emergency: Emergency Plan ongoing-

k. Transport: KF updated re HART AGM, paperwork noted


l. Village Hall: Production of ‘Putting on the Ritz’ Sat 12 October 2019-tickets Cllr Lowde £3, car boot Sat 7 September 2019


































K.       Finance:

a): clerk salary, £50 SE funeral, £8.40 stamps, £22.99 inks, £2.85 paper (also £165.60 HMRC)

b): Oak tree demolition and removal-Yorkshire Tree Surgery £700+£140 vat=£840

c): signs, posts for Community Area –

The Sign Shed £25.25 (£21.04+£4.21 vat)-

The Sign Shed £333.12 (£277.60+£55.52 vat)

Sign Trade Supplies £168.23 (£140.19+£28.04 vat)—

grand total £526.60 (£438.83+ £87.87 vat)

d): Good Councillor Guides £13.38 (£13.38+20p vat)

e): Donation to 4FabFriends Lifestyle Team £100

f): Deposited £50 donation -helicopter visit to Integra

g): Deposited £500 SE funeral



–approved unanimously



9.           Any Questions:

1)       Dead tree opposite Low Paull Farm- is it ERYC/ H A Lambert?

2)      Inconsistency of grass cutting around the village (discussed in village walkabout)

3)      Neighbourhood Watch- organiser? Group? Volunteers? KF will query in newsletter



There being no other business, the meeting closed at 9.35pm




Next Meeting:


7pm, Thursday, 3 October 2019,


upstairs observation deck of the Village Hall, disabled access available