PAULL PARISH COUNCIL: Minutes of the meeting held Thursday 4 July 2019

    Action
1.    a:  Apologies for absence :  Cllrs Carlill, Allen, Leach, Beadle, Cllr Thurston

 

b: In attendance :

Cllrs Shaw, Lowde, Hulme, Annison, Hodgson, Failey, Cllr Steel,

7 Members of the public.

   
2.         Declarations of Interest (if relevant) none

 

   
3.         Minutes of the meeting held on Thursday, 6 June 2019

Proposed: Cllr Hulme; Seconded: Cllr Failey; Vote: carries unanimously

 

   
4.       Matters Arising Therefrom

 

·         Environment Agency-presentation by Tom Cochrane, Project Manager Paull Holme Strays, and Andrew Gibson- Yorkshire Wildlife Trust. There was much discussion regarding Cllr Hulme not being invited/involved in this project-or in some of the decision -making process. Cllr Hulme informed that he has always attended any EA meetings, wherever they were held in the country, and was very disappointed to have been omitted. Both Tom Cochrane and Andrew Gibson apologised, and stated it was not a deliberate error. The fact that the steps and bridge will not be replaced was discussed at length, and it was requested that this was reviewed by EA/YWT, as they were much used previously, and as a vantage/viewing area. TC felt this would not be possible, nor would building a viewing platform, but he would take it back for discussion. It was stated to TC/AG that the new routes would be a magnet for anti-social behaviours-especially as it will provide a circuit for motor bikes. AG explained about worm counts/species of birds etc, he will provide figures. Cllr Hulme stated that this has been a closed site, with no access for councillors—TC offered a site visit for interested parties, he will liaise dates with Cllr Hulme. AG stated he is happy to be contacted, but any anti-social behaviours need to be called in directly to the police.

·         Community Recreation Area-now the responsibility of the Parish Council, the Recreation Team are dissolving. Quotes for signage provided- no decision made-defer to September meeting.

ROSPA booked September for annual checks -all agreed the price quote.

Cllr Shaw will discuss with DH re weekly inspections, paperwork etc, as DH has agreed he will trial for one month for the parish council. Cllr Failey stated that informal checks have been taking place

·         National Grid-invited to September meeting-clerk to contact Thomas Hall

·         Bus shelter-Back Lane near to the allotments now demolished-thanks given to the councillors involved

·         Men in Sheds- Cllr Hulme asked for it to taken off the agenda

·         Salt for bins-clerk to contact Cllr Allen for guidance- do we need to order from ERYC??

·         No Camping signs for the carpark-Ap at NPS has agreed that PPC can put signs up—Clerk to speak to AP—who will enforce?

·         Shipyard- Cllr Steel updated that ER Enforcement Agency have visited the site-as it is B2 manufacturing there are no concerns. Residents expressed concern s that road is blocked for sometimes up to an hour when a wagon is being loaded in Main Street. Concerns were raised regarding bits of caravan roof and materials being blown off site, the possibility of movement of the caravans in high winds and floods.

Can the shipyard car park be opened to accommodate the workers cars?

It was also raised that there is a possibility of someone living on the boat that is moored by the shipyard—-Cllr Steel will  pursue.

 

   

 

 

5.    Continuing Matters :

 

·  ABP Humber International Park- no update-deferred re Highways England

·  Yorkshire Energy Park-no update-before ERYC planners August? Has the support of the Humber LEP.

·  Community Recreation Area-as above

·  75 Years end of World War in Europe- look at in September’s meeting

   

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

6.    Correspondence

 

a.  Reparation for Young Offenders-discussed and noted

b.  Hall Together Conference-HOSM Village Hall Thursday,12 September 2019-passed to Cllr Lowde

c.  Old Lighthouses-vandalism and damage reported to ABP

d.  HART invitation-noted passed to KF-he will query with HART the process for volunteer drivers- do they need to be registered/DBS/change of insurance- which will enable him to answer a resident’s query

 

   

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

7.    Forums

a.    Yorkshire Water – odour outside the works entrance-Cllr Steel advised that work is ongoing to improve the smells

b.    B.P. /PX– nothing to report

c.     Nippon Gohsei : Nothing to report

 

d.    Triton Power Ltd (prev S.C.C Ltd)- nothing to report

e.    Vivergo : is the plant to start up again??

 

f. Ineos : nothing to report

 

g. Environment Agency : see above-

 

 

   

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

8.    Committees

a. Development & Conservation : ABP & YEP ongoing. Planning permission granted land east of Anson Villas
b. Able UK & ABP/Siemens : ABP as above,

c. Police / Neighbourhood Watch : No show from the police for the June village walkabout

 

d. Lighting : response from PJ at ERYC- await update of lighting in 2020-2021 -they have noted poor lighting in Leonard Close,
e. Allotments : nothing to report

f. School info: nothing to report (noted that the Old Blacksmiths shop adjacent to the school is being cleared out)
g. Sports field: as above re carpark and land, agreed that goalposts are to be taken down and stored-Cllrs Annison, Hulme and Lowde

 

h. Community Area: as above

i. Road Safety / Highways: clerk to contact ERYC re the side of the road all washed away at Boreas Hill (left side Thorn to Paull), also rusty tins of paint have been thrown into the roads and dykes – Saltend, Boreas Hill, Little Humber, Newlands Lane-clerk to email Cllr Steel the information

j. Emergency: Emergency Plan ongoing-in receipt of responses

k. Transport: KF/HART re volunteer drivers

 

l. Village Hall: Car boot sale— VOLUNTEERS STILL NEEDED–, also volunteers for the village hall committee needed

   

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

K.       Finance:

a): clerk salary July and August

Annual Balance sheet presented

–approved unanimously

   

 

9.           Any Questions:

1)       Dealt with in above

 

 

There being no other business, the meeting closed at 9.20pm

 

   

 

Next Meeting:

-NO MEETING AUGUST—

 

7pm, Thursday, 5 September 2019,

presentation by National Grid

upstairs observation deck of the Village Hall, disabled access available