PAULL PARISH COUNCIL: Minutes of the meeting held Thursday 7 March 2019

1.    a:  Apologies for absence :  Cllrs Beadle, Failey, Hodgson, Allen

(Cllr Carlill attended briefly)
b: In attendance :
Cllrs Shaw, Hulme, Annison, Lowde, Leach,  Cllr Steel & Thurston  4 Members of the public.


2.         Declarations of Interest (if relevant) none


3.         Minutes of the meeting held on Thursday, 7 February 2019

Proposed: Cllr Lowde; Seconded: Cllr Annison; Vote: carries unanimously


4.       Matters Arising Therefrom


·         ABP update-ERYC inundated with objections, more than 600 to date-noted

·         Yorkshire Energy Park- full planning application submitted

·         Possible land purchase-advised on hold until after May elections

·         Thanks email sent to National Grid for excellent presentation

·         Dyke cleaning between Battery Cottage and Integra- agreed -Max Cook Contractor

·         Caravans behind the school (Back Lane) and The old post office-letters sent- occupier from Back Lane has contacted Cllr Shaw to inform temporary arrangement, no response from Main Street








5.    Continuing Matters :


·  Community Recreation Area-£20,000-informed by Cllr Steel that the equipment ordered has to be specific as in the estimates.

·  Charity Status-ongoing- Cllr Lowde needs 4 independents to be added as trustees

·  Emergency Plan-Cllr Shaw distributed updated draft-the Parish Council need to form a register of vulnerable persons (to be kept in confidence and not to be published)—inform parishioners how we can support in an emergency- could we form a ‘helpers register’—register information and helper query leaflets to be kindly distributed by KF, could Cllr Hodgson appeal on her facebook page?—Sandbags at Bulk Storage have rotted- Evacuation Plan needs to be put in place—The upper deck of the Village Hall to be ‘Emergency War Room’ -There needs to be an Emergency Equipment Box containing vulnerable register, torches, maps, first aid etc, which could be kept in the PC office in the village hall, this would need checking regularly. Emergency plan needs regular reviewing -every 6 months?- responses from leaflets will need collating and registering-











6.    Correspondence


a.  Election 2 May 2019—nomination forms completed-clerk to deliver to Electoral Services for checking 21 March 2019


b.       Village walkabout with Mike Peeke- Cllr Lowde and KF (email to MP to inform of deterioration of bridge parapet Thorngumbald Road)-thankyou email to Mike Peeke thanking him for his support and wishing him well in his retirement


c.       Extra Lighting Leonard Close-clerk to contact Dave Williamson ERYC for price for PPC to have installed and maintain


d.       Receipt for Hart donation-noted


e.       Site toxic alarm PX-awaiting information from Darren Kirby


f.        Cllr Shaw email to YWT re their objection to ABP application-noted


g.       Old blacksmiths shop adjacent to the school-is it a pre-planning application-ERYC monitoring


h.       Healthwatch- ‘have your say’-cllrs asked to cascade and complete- responses are collated and presented to ERYC scrutiny committee


i.         Bi-annual village walkabout-put on April agenda













7.    Forums

a.    Yorkshire Water – nothing to report

b.    B.P. /PX– as above

c.     Nippon Gohsei : Nothing to report


d.    Triton Power Ltd (prev S.C.C Ltd)- nothing to report

e.    Vivergo : nothing to report


f. Ineos : nothing to report


g. Environment Agency : Cllr Shaw will update, some work has restarted, possibly some damage to verges by their equipment













8.    Committees

a. Development & Conservation : ABP, YEP
b. Able UK & ABP/Siemens : ABP as above,

c. Police / Neighbourhood Watch : –new surgery format-village walkabouts


d. Lighting : Leonards Close  as above
e. Allotments : –rent increase to £35 per annum, (majority voted in favour) Cllr Beadle happy to continue with collection of rent-

f. School info: New parking enforcement restrictions to be implemented
g. Sports field: Cllr Hulme advised he’s awaiting update re possible continuing use by local football team for training


h. Community Area: as above

i. Road Safety / Highways:  no response as yet from ERYC re request to extend gritting to Thorngumbald (past the church)

j. Emergency: Emergency Plan as above

k. Transport: KF & BM informed that no longer EYMS-now to be East Yorkshire, new livery, 2 new buses being built by Plaxtons at Scarborough, Adam Fowler will look into ticket prices


l) Village Hall: 23rd March- showing of old Paull village photographs








































K.       Finance:

a): clerk salary, expenses – stamps £8.04,

b): Yorkshire Water allotments £82.54

c): Inland Revenue £165.60

all approved unanimously



9.           Any Questions:

1)       Tyre set on fire behind KB-did FH report?



There being no other business, the meeting closed at 8.40pm




10.     Next Meeting: 7pm, Thursday, 4 April 2019,

upstairs observation deck of the Village Hall, disabled access available