PAULL PARISH COUNCIL: Minutes of the meeting held Wednesday 7 November 2018

1.    a:  Apologies for absence :  Cllrs Leach, Carlill, Beadle, Thurston, Dennis
b: In attendance :
Cllrs Shaw, Hulme, Annison, Lowde, Failey, Hodgson, Allen,   Cllrs Steel,  6 Members of the public. 
2.         Declarations of Interest (if relevant) none


3.         Minutes of the meeting held on Thursday 4 October 2018

Proposed: Cllr Failey; Seconded: Allen; Vote: carries unanimously


4.       Matters Arising Therefrom


·         Presentation by David Morriss, ABP Head of Planning—who brought and discussed the ‘revised plans’ for the proposed extension of the LDO- which, he stated, had been amended since the consultation evening, ‘they had listened to Paull Villagers concerns.’ There was a long discussion, around the fact of the already existing transport difficulties, that the whole project was far too close to the village, and all previous concerns were raised that had been discussed at the October PPC meeting –and that the renewal of the 2013 LDO has not yet been heard by ERYC.

David Morriss stated that ABP will press ahead with the extended plans regardless of whether the 2013 LDO has been renewed—the plan is expected to be submitted by the end of November 2018. He showed us the artists diagrams of the variations of the proposed extensions, and stated that ABP would be responsible for work on 5 roundabouts as directed by Highways England, and explained that he new road network would be completed first should they get the planning permission.

David Morriss advised that there would be representatives from various agencies at the 3rd and final consultation evening 8 November 2018 in Paull Village Hall. Cllr Shaw thanked David Morriss for updating the councillors.


Regarding the renewal of the LDO, and the new extended plans, Cllr Shaw and the clerk have had several conversations with Jennifer Downs, case manager ERYC, and have cascaded her information, she is available for contacting.


·         Representatives from Yorkshire Energy Park-presentation to PPC Wednesday, 14 November 2018, 7.15pm, Upper deck, Village Hall




5.    Continuing Matters :


·  11 November 2018 Centenary Service- commemorative bench to be ordered-grant of £450 from ERYC-all in agreement

·  Traffic management Joint Venture—speak to Tom and ask for more monitoring and replacing of the markers in the pull-ins

·  Community Recreation Area:  Cllr Failey gave an update, £20,000 bid submitted -with kind assistance of Cllr Steel

·  Charity status- Cllr Lowde -ongoing











6.    Correspondence


a.  John Dennis online petition re Yorkshire Energy Park shared, also the email received that he had asked to be read out at the meeting

b.  East Riding Rural Partnership invite Bishop Burton 22 November 2018-is anyone available to attend???

c.  ERYC have had no response to advert re vacancy on PPC, therefore we can adopt

d.  Enquiry from PS wanting to place a remembrance bench on Paull front-all agreed-clerk to liaise—siting will be agreed at an agreed place

e.  Local Plan consultation Hedon, Weds 21 November-Cllr Lowde/Shaw????












7.    Forums

a.    Yorkshire Water – nothing to report

b.    B.P. /PX– nothing to report—updated emergency information – kindly supplied by KB

c.     Nippon Gohsei : Nothing to report


d.    Triton Power Ltd (prev S.C.C Ltd)- nothing to report

e.    Vivergo : were looking to offer meeting dates for update


f. Ineos : nothing to report


g. Environment Agency : Nothing to report













8.    Committees

a. Development & Conservation : ABP Planning application for renewal of 2013 LDO- responded to ERYC to request refuse based on the new information.


18/03312/PLF Annison Farmers-shed- no objections


18/03322/OUT Mr Ted Johnston-erection of 4 dwellings land east of 5 Anson Villas Paull- 1 cllr objection-PPC no objection but included concerns of objector
b. Able UK & ABP/Siemens : ABP as above, and 3rd and final consultation evening Paull Village Hall Thursday, 8 November 2018

c. Police / Neighbourhood Watch : –information shared


d. Lighting : nothing to report
e. Allotments : nothing to report

f .School info : D Davies has been in school making poppies with the students to place on the cenotaph for Remembrance Sunday
g. Sports field: grass cutting ERYC due


h. Community Area: DH to plant trees and shrubbery

i. Road Safety / Highways :  Paull Road marked up

j. Emergency : nothing to report

k. Transport : nothing to report


l) Village Hall: nothing to report






























K.       Finance :

a): clerk salary October, plus expensed £16.08

b): Holderness Landscapes £1,675

c): PKF Littlejohn £40+£8 vat=£48

d: ERYC grass cutting of football field £734.51 (£612.09+£122.42 Vat)

e): Mrs Coggs, refreshments for Remembrance Day—next meeting

f): Mrs Davies £20 wreath

g): Remembrance Bench-£492 (£410+£82 vat)—grant £450–unanimous to order bench and plaque, PPC to fund balance



9.           Any Questions :

Cllr Hulme will speak to Skanska on behalf of KB and Cllr Hodgson re lighting on the joint venture, if he is passed the information.


There being no other business, the meeting closed at 9.10pm




10.     Next Meeting: 7pm, Thursday, 6 December 2018, upstairs observation deck of the Village Hall, disabled access available