PAULL PARISH COUNCIL: Minutes of the meeting held Thursday 3 May 2018

1.    a:  Apologies for absence :  Cllrs Beadle, Carlill, Failey
b: In attendance :
Cllrs Shaw, Woodmansey, Hulme, Allen, Lowde, Annison, Leach, Hodgson,  Cllr Thurston, 7 Members of the public.
2.         Declarations of Interest (if relevant) none


3.         Minutes of the meeting held on Thursday 5 April 2018

Proposed : Cllr Hulme ;  Seconded: Cllr Annison;  Vote: carries unanimously


4.       Matters Arising Therefrom :

Presentation by Gordon Kell, Humber Nature Partnership


Fencing off of land adjacent to Anson Villas—proof of ownership????-



Clerk to email thanks for excellent presentation


Clerk to pursue

5.    Continuing Matters :


·  Community Recreation Area: there was a discussion around access, it is duly noted that there is only pedestrian access to the Community Recreation Area, we have no vehicle access as a right.

Concerns raised re the new supporting pillars that have appeared on the community area— Cllr Beadle to pass on contact details to clerk to enable clerk to write to resident to clarify ownership of the land


·  Charity status application- Cllr Lowde-still awaiting update

·  Defibrillator- PPC have replied to take ownership, no update

·  Town & Parish Liaison Meeting, Hedon  9 May- Cllr Shaw to attend

·  Parish council information into Paull Newsletter, KF-agreed dates of PPC meetings, any other information to be agreed at Parish Council meetings




Fun Day Sunday, 13 May 2018, 1-5pm, on the recreation area







Clerk to email KF with details before 17 May

6.    Correspondence

a.  Stones on the perimeter of the carpark-super job, sadly Hull City Council refused permission to further place stones – do they now have a responsibility to replace the broken fence- Cllr Hulme has highlighted the dangers of open walls into rivers with no railings to HCC in an email (30/4/18)  and included a request to them that a replacement fence be fitted to the Riverside of the carpark.  He stated that he was given the response that ERYC are responsible until handed back after the sea defence work is completed.

b.   thank you email to go to Richard Sandford for the stones, & to Paul Cusick for the placing of the rock armour

c.  Danger Signs – Cllr Shaw will fix in place on the rocks

d.  GDPR -registration-we need to register as a parish council

e.  New National Rural Crime Survey

f.   Hull Joint Minerals Local Plan-noted

g.  Unauthorised developments & encampments

h.  Graham Roche Groundworks-noted

i.    Diversity Survey-completed

j.    Post Office scam-noted





a/b) clerk to email









e) clerk and Cllr Annison to respond

g) clerk to respond if appropriate







7.    Forums

a.    Yorkshire Water – nothing to report

b.    B.P. /PX– nothing to report

c.     Nippon Gohsei : Nothing to report

d.    Triton Power Ltd ( prev S.C.C Ltd)- nothing to report

e.    Vivergo : nothing to report

f. Ineos : nothing to report

g. Environment Agency : footpath closure May 2018 for the work to commence, EA say they have notified nearby residents- Cllr Annison has not had information.













8.    Committees

a. Development & Conservation : Rosehill Tack widening for works vehicles-approved, Ineos tanks application -approved
b. Able UK & ABP/Siemens : nothing to report

c. Police / Neighbourhood Watch : –information shared, police surgeries outside the  Village Hall 12noon on 31 May & 5 July 2018

d. Lighting : is it possible to have a street light placed on a very dark corner on Thorngumbald Road past Beech Rise?

e. Allotments : ( Cllr Beadle)- rents to be collected by end of April- a discussion took place that cllrs would like to go back to the previous way of collecting the rent-whereby the rents are paid to the clerk in the Village Hall upper deck just before the April meeting takes place, and receipts are issued. £20 deposit has been handed back to Lynne- the meeting was informed that deposits are returned when plot is in good order

f .School info : OFSTED inspection this week

g. Sports field: Graffiti on the building which is owned by PPC-clerk to inform PCSO and pursue the possible cleaning—Cllr Hulme happy to supply water/power as always. Discussion -do we tidy/ paint/ bring back into use/ demolish the building?

h. Community Area: (previously playground) as above, Fun Day Sunday, 13 May 1pm-5pm

i. Road Safety / Highways :  concerns that there are currently 3 sets of works in our area so difficult to establish who is responsible for any misdemeanors—Cllr Hulme will visit the compounds each week, and pass name and contact details for clerk to write to ask for monthly updates. KB will pass to Cllr Hulme any photographic evidence, he will chase up if EA

j. Emergency : nothing to report

k. Transport : Bus champions informed that there is now an extra bus from Hedon to Paull, new timetable supplied

l) Village Hall: Cllr Lowde updated that there had been a good turnout 26 April for the presentation by Simon Taylor of Paull Tower- to be shown on Estuary TV








































K.       Finance :
a: update from Cllr Lowde, and draft balance sheet provided


b: £240 clerk


c: £100 sportsfield half year rent


d: £100 Annual website domain


e: £30.12 signs


f: £20 cash allotment deposit


g: £50 deposited from Everinghams (H Beadle)

All unanimously approved




9.           Any Questions :

It was raised re any further graffiti, and who would fund the removal-ie sea wall-EA?

Road near Beech Rise- since new tarmac laid rain water now runs back down- advised to call ERYC 393939, if no success, to contact clerk, who will forward to Cllr Steel

KF to send details of wording for bench plaque in memory of Doris-either to GS or SH

Could we ask Natural England to a PPC meeting?

National Grid Joint Venture- venting times have changed


There being no other business, the meeting closed at 8.40pm




10.     Next Meeting: 7pm, Thursday, 7 June 2018, upstairs observation deck of the Village Hall, disabled access available