PAULL PARISH COUNCIL: Minutes of the meeting held Thursday 5 April 2018

1.    a:  Apologies for absence :  Cllrs Allen, Hodgson
b: In attendance :
Cllrs Shaw, Woodmansey, Hulme, Lowde, Annison, Beadle, Carlill, Failey, Leach,  Thurston, Dennis, Steel & 5 Members of the public.
2.         Declarations of Interest (if relevant) none


3.         Minutes of the meeting held on Thursday 1 March 2018

Proposed : Cllr Lowde ;  Seconded: Cllr Shaw;  Vote: carries unanimously


4.       Matters Arising Therefrom :

Presentation by National Grid-update form Tom and Callum, tunnel bore will be starting very soon. All ecology tests etc are completed at Paull, 8 abnormal loads are due to bring heavy machinery to the Paull site w/c 16 April, route agreed with ERYC via Thorngumbald (to be confirmed by Tom)-concerns were raised re possible bridge damage on the route.

The question was asked if the wagons working on the different projects in the area could be marked and listed so as to be identified should there be damage of any sort.

Tom explained that all routes are initially surveyed and monitored on a monthly basis, the verges will be reinstated when the weather improves.

Simon Taylor to pass clerk his details to pass to Tom.



5.    Continuing Matters :


·  Community Recreation Area: Update from Cllr Failey, fund raising continuing, local artist Andy P to join with pupils from Paull Primary to paint olde worlde murals on Dr Ben’s wall. Sadly unsuccessful this year in Chairman’s Awards, Cllr Failey will continue to photograph and update Cllr Steel for submission next year.

Query if the land needs a soakaway-agreed to see how it dries out after the recent awful weather.

Cllr Hulme requested it be noted that there is only pedestrian access to the Community Recreation Area.

Concerns raised re the new supporting pillars that have appeared on the community area—clerk to write to resident to clarify ownership of the land


·  Charity status application- update from Cllr Lowde

·  Dog fouling stickers to Cllr Failey




Fun Day Sunday, 13 May 2018, 1-5pm, on the recreation area






6.    Correspondence


a.  National Grid joint venture-as above, marker posts being sorted

b.  Lane at High Paull—-Alan Phelan/ Duncan Shaw of NPS now dealing- AP will update with any information. The lane is part of a land package that is on lease to ERYC for the duration of the sea defence works, it will all be re surveyed again when the works come to an end, and should all be put right.

c.  Hart donation- £100 sent, thank you email received

d.  Elan Radar road signs-noted,

e.  Ethical Standards Review-noted, no comments

f.   Code of Conduct/ register of interest-noted

g.  ERYC review panel-communication with Town & Parish councils-survey-clerk to complete

h.  Green box on Thorngumbald Road-reported to KC-not a KC box. Update is that it is stood back up.

i.    Email from JBahe re agreed planning consent 46 Main Street-noted

j.    Defibrillator-Parish council happy to take ownership- clerk to respond to Yorkshire Ambulance service, Cllr Shaw can arrange training if required

k.  NHS leaflets- new centres – information shared

l.    ERSAB newsletter-noted

m.     Town & Parish Council Liaison meeting- Hedon 9 May 2018- Cllr Shaw












7.    Forums

a.    Yorkshire Water –some repairing of the grass verge Back Lane, concerns noted that the new sewage pump out of action for extra 24 hours due to manpower problems-with noisy pump in place Back Lane

b.    B.P. /PX– planning application approved for 2 liquid nitrogen storage tanks-leaflet drop taken place-the emergency details given not yet in place

c.     Nippon Gohsei : Nothing to report


d.    Triton Power Ltd ( prev S.C.C Ltd)- nothing to report

e.    Vivergo : now operational again


f. Ineos : nothing to report


g. Environment Agency : work about to commence for 6 months to build up the bank at Paull Holme Stray, footpath closure May 2018, Yorkshire Wildlife Trust involved, will the spoils from the National Grid shaft bore be used to build up the bank to save on transport ? (Cllr Hulme had raised with Tom & Callum)













8.    Committees

a. Development & Conservation : BP-as above-proposed new tanks granted. Fence 9 Thorngumbald Road granted.
b. Able UK & ABP/Siemens : nothing to report

c. Police / Neighbourhood Watch : – can access on line figures on line- information circulated


d. Lighting : nothing to report
e. Allotments :  Cllr Beadle- rents to be collected by end of April

f .School info : nothing to report
g. Sports field: Cllr Lowde – 7 April car boot sale cancelled as field is waterlogged. Queried if rocks could be placed around the sports field to stop the cars accessing and ruining – clerk to contact Richard Sandford to discuss. Cllr Lowde to ring PBS re the road in front of the lighthouse.


h. Community Area: (previously playground) as above

i. Road Safety / Highways :  Cllr Dennis informed that ERYC will repair reported potholes within 24 hours- need to ring 01482 393939. Cllr Woodmansey confirmed this had happened when he reported potholes in Main Street.

j. Emergency : nothing to report

k. Transport : update from Cllr Dennis that there had been a Bus Champions meeting this week, and gave an update. Concerns from Paull Bus Champions that they had not received an invitation, nor had the clerk had any information.


l) Village Hall: slideshow of Paull 7 April 2018, 75 years since the barrage balloon fell onto the village school leaving 20 survivors – Cllr Lowde informed sold out, standing room only. Cllr Lowde will arrange a further date for a showing of Paull Tower








































K.       Finance :
a: update from Cllr Lowde- accounts need to be posted online and in the display box, accounts don’t need to be submitted to the external accountants as turnover is under £25,000.


b: £300 clerk, £150 funerals, £11.05 expenses


c: ERNLLCA subscription (ongoing approval) £348.69


d: deposits from 2 funeral plots, 1 ashes plot and 1 headstone-£1,250


e: £100 donation to HART

All unanimously approved




9.           Any Questions :

S Taylor gave an update on the Paull Holme Tower, the scaffolding is down, the castellations are complete and look magnificent, there is a roof on so the building is watertight, which can be modified at a later date.


K Franks happy to include parish council information in the newsletter that he produces and distributes- confirm next meeting.


It was noted that there has been a kerb lowered and grass verge removed to enable parking- could this be done at more properties?


It was queried if all building works need planning approval- Cllr Dennis explained about permitted development.


Paull Parish Council to send card thanking Luke at the Royal Oak for his lovely supply of pizzas, and best wishes in his new venture.


There being no other business, the meeting closed at 8.30pm




10.     Next Meeting: 7pm, Thursday, 3 May 2018, upstairs observation deck of the Village Hall, disabled access available


Guest speaker- Gordon Kell, Humber Nature Partnership


Annual General Meeting, immediately followed by the Parish Council meeting.