PAULL PARISH COUNCIL: Minutes of the meeting held Thursday 1 February 2018

1.    a:  Apologies for absence :  Cllrs Shaw, Allen, Hodgson
b: In attendance :
Cllrs Woodmansey, Failey,  Lowde, Annison, Leach, Carlill, Hulme, Beadle, Steel, 3 Members of the public. 
2.         Declarations of Interest (if relevant) none


3.         Minutes of the meeting held on Thursday 4 January 2018

Proposed : Cllr Woodmansey ;  Seconded: Cllr Failey;  Vote: carries unanimously


4.       Matters Arising Therefrom :

a)  Dog faeces around the village-stickers

b)  Parking/mud on paths Paghill- visit by ERYC



a)       Clerk to order stickers from ERYC-to pass to Cllr Failey
5.    Continuing Matters :


·  Community Recreation Area: update given by Cllr Failey-Bin due end of Feb,shrubs planted, combine repaired—suppliers confirm that all is to correct standards, equipment not yet handed over officially by Vivergo. Land to remain the property of PPC

Cllr Steel has submitted the entry for the Chairman’s Award


·  Charity status application- update from Cllrs Lowde & Failey-just Cllrs Carlill and Failey to remain on the charity status committee, application to be then resubmitted.

·  Footpath No6 -noted


·  Yorkshire Energy Park-no update



Cllr Failey informed that the next Improvement Fund meeting is 7pm, Tuesday, 13 February 2018 in the Royal Oak.

Cllr Lowde to check parish insurance






6.    Correspondence


a.  Invitation to Goxhill 2nd Feb for the blessing of the tunnel machine Mary-Cllr Woodmansey

b.  Planning meeting held at Aldborough-circulated and noted

c.  Rural housing seminar Bishop Burton Thursday, 1 March-names to clerk

d.  Flood risk Survey-response submitted from Cllr Annison

e.  Dove House thankyou receipt-noted

f.   Tender from ERYC for sportsfield grass cutting -unanimously agreed

g.  Tenders from Holderness Landscapes-unanimously agreed-also planters

h.  General Data Protection training-Withernsea 20 Feb—Cllr Woodmansey?












f)clerk to confirm with ERYC

g)clerk to confirm with DH & ask re planters


7.    Forums

a.    Yorkshire Water – nothing to report

b.    B.P. – nothing to report

c.     Nippon Gohsei : Nothing to report


d.    Triton Power Ltd ( prev S.C.C Ltd)- next forum is Weds, 7 February 2018 at 6pm-names to clerk asap – Cllr Woodmansey- Cllr Beadle??

e.    Vivergo : no updates as to the reopening


f. Ineos : nothing to report


g. Environment Agency : nothing to report













8.    Committees

a. Development & Conservation : proposed erection of fence 9 Thorngumbald Road-noted
b. Able UK & ABP/Siemens : nothing to report

c. Police / Neighbourhood Watch : – can access on line figures on line- Hedon Police Station to reopen from April 2018- Weds & Fri’s 9am -1pm, 2pm-5pm. Police  Surgeries 15 February & 22 March 2018, 11am at Paull Village Hall


d. Lighting : nothing to report
e. Allotments :  nothing to report

f .School info : no response to clerk reporting to ERYC dangerous building adjacent to the school. The competition to name the tunnel machine– ‘Mary’ was won by a Paull Primary School student
g. Sports field: nothing to report


h. Community Area: (previously playground) as above

i. Road Safety / Highways :  Grit box damaged near to Demswood-clerk contacted  ERYC- Cllr Steel will pursue

j. Emergency : nothing to report

k. Transport : Clerk reported to ERYC the road from Paull to Thorngumbald not being gritted, even though school and college buses use the route daily, the ice does not thaw in several places and there have been several near misses- Cllr Steel to pursue.                       KF informed that there is a meeting with EYMS (Graham Thomas) to look at bus timetables


l) Village Hall: Newsletter to be distributed this weekend, John Godber play 24 March 2018, slideshow of Paull 7 April 2018








c)Clerk to contact Phillip Hinch and invite to parish meeting































K.       Finance :
a: clerk £300, £50 funeral, £21.42 expenses-unanimous

b: Deposit £500 (funeral)



9.           Any Questions
concerns raised that the flag was not flying on the 11 November 2017- Cllr  Lowde will exploreThe lane to High Paull has been temporarily repaired by the resident at No1- clerk to contact HCC again

Barry Osbourne will kindly remove wreaths from the cenotaph as they deteriorate


There being no other business, the meeting closed at 8.10pm




10.     Next Meeting: 7pm, Thursday, 1 March 2018, upstairs observation deck of the Village Hall, disabled access available

Guest speakers- National Grid joint venture (tbc)