PAULL PARISH COUNCIL: Minutes of the meeting held Thursday 4 January 2018

1.    a:  Apologies for absence :  Cllrs Hulme, Beadle, Steel
b: In attendance :
Cllrs Shaw, Woodmansey, Failey,  Lowde, Annison, Leach, Allen, Carlill, Hodgson, Thurston, 3 Members of the public. 
2.         Declarations of Interest (if relevant) none


3.         Minutes of the meeting held on Thursday 7 December 2017

Proposed : Cllr Failey ;  Seconded: Cllr Leach;  Vote: carries unanimously


4.       Matters Arising Therefrom :

a)  Public footpath No 6 still needs clarification

b)  Precept-unanimous vote that the precept remains the same as 2017-2018

c)  Northern Powergrid Vulnerable People and Communities Information- Village Hall as refuge in emergency??-Cllrs advised to look up on the website address given and send any comments to clerk

d)  ER Local plan- noted- any comments to clerk for submitting

e)  Concerns from residents regarding communication re the National Powergrid site- clerk to contact Tom Hall






a)       Clerk to contact ERYC again

b)      Clerk to send in completed paperwork to ERYC

c)       Cllr Lowde will discuss with members of the Village Hall, clerk to send to Paull Primary School

5.    Continuing Matters :


·  Community Recreation Area: update given by Cllr Failey, black bin to be ordered, installed and maintained by ERYC-unanimous vote for PPC to fund. Query re insurance- does the present PPC include? Cllr Failey liaising with Vivergo re costings for Cllr Lowde, and the manufacturer re the  complaint of sharp corners, and the loose floor board. A brilliant £401 raised from the carol singing.


·  Charity status application- update from Cllr Lowde – no further information


·  Yorkshire Energy Park-update email- noted



Cllr Failey informed that the next Improvement Fund meeting is 7pm, Tuesday, 16 February 2018 in the Royal Oak

Cllr Lowde & clerk will look at the Parish Council insurance






6.    Correspondence


a.  REYTA- clerk to send information to Oak, Humber Tavern, Crown, Paull Holme B&B and Paull Fort

b.  Dove House Hospice- agreed a donation of £50 from PPC, and any monies donated by individual councillors- clerk to send cheque







7.    Forums

a.    Yorkshire Water – nothing to report

b.    B.P. – nothing to report

c.     Nippon Gohsei : Nothing to report


d.    Triton Power Ltd ( prev S.C.C Ltd)- next forum is Weds, 7 February 2018 at 6pm-names to clerk asap – Cllr Woodmansey

e.    Vivergo : no updates as to the reopening


f. Ineos : nothing to report


g. Environment Agency : nothing to report













8.    Committees

a. Development & Conservation : nothing to report
b. Able UK & ABP/Siemens : nothing to report

c. Police / Neighbourhood Watch : nothing to report – can access on line


d. Lighting : KF noted light out at Ferrymans, he will ring in to ERYC with the details
e. Allotments :  nothing to report

f .School info : lead stolen, huge concerns from Cllrs regarding the state of the almost derelict building adjacent to the school, especially in the high winds-presents a safety concern and vermin worries
g. Sports field: nothing to report


h. Community Area: ( previously playground) as above

i. Road Safety / Highways : concerns re the mud on the road near to Thorngumbald Rd corner and the Lighthouse. Grit box damaged near to Demswood-clerk to contact ERYC.

All present were asked to contact ERYC on 01482 393939 to report concerns.

j. Emergency : nothing to report

k. Transport : Clerk to contact Ivan McMaster/Tony Ali at ERYC regarding the road from Paull to Thorngumbald not being gritted, even though school and college buses use the route daily, the ice does not thaw in several places and there have been several near misses


l) Village Hall: no update














f)clerk to write to ERYC







i)clerk to contact ER to ask if they can extend the cleaning route




























K.       Finance :
a: clerk  £300 +£7.80 expenses

b: ERYC £748.07 Grounds Maintenance



9.           Any Questions
There being no other business, the meeting closed at 8.20pm




10.     Next Meeting: 7pm, Thursday, 1 February 2018, upstairs observation deck of the Village Hall, disabled access available

Guest speaker G Kell from the Humber Nature Partnership