PAULL PARISH COUNCIL: Minutes of the meeting held Thursday 2 November 2017

1.    a:  Apologies for absence :  Cllrs Shaw, Allen, Hulme
b: In attendance :
Cllrs Woodmansey ( in the chair) Carlill, Lowde, Annison, Beadle, Failey,  Steel and Thurston, 6 Members of the public.

2.         Declarations of Interest (if relevant) none


3.         Minutes of the meeting held on Thursday 5 October 2017

Proposed : Cllr Lowde ;  Seconded: Cllr Beadle;  Vote: carries unanimously


4.       Matters Arising Therefrom :

a)  proposed changes to passenger transport operator and driver licensing laws -Community transport-update from Cllr Steel

b)   Bus shelter at Allotments in poor state-awaiting update from Cllr Hulme

c)  Letter from Mr P Leach regarding joining Paull Parish Council—proposed Cllr Failey, seconded Cllr Carlill, vote unanimous



a)       Clerk to send letter to Graham Stuart MP and Sir Greg Knight MP to support Community transport

b)      Cllr Hulme

c)       Clerk to inform Mr Leach, and update Democratic Services at ERYC

5.    Continuing Matters :


·  Mr Mrs Hodgson, The Old Rectory—ERYC have stated that if the new wooden fence is erected inside their palisade fencing, they will look at removing their metal one, possible difficulty regarding the boundary line.

·  Poor state of the road to the carpark at High Paull—clerk to contact James Joannue at HCC again

·  Community Recreation area- update and pictures shared, playground equipment ordered by Vivergo- awaiting delivery date.

Log to be kept to look at submission for the Chairman’s Award


Query raised as to Insurance—will PPC insurance cover the Community area? does it need separate cover? Will PPC continue to own the land?


Huge thanks to Dave and Colleen from Holderness Landscapes for donating their time rotavating the land and planting the grass seed.


Many thanks to J Pockley feed merchants at Camerton for their kind donation of the grass seed.


A big Thanks also to the hardworking team arranging fund raising events, and to all who support—a brilliant £413 was raised from the Halloween event. Next event is a Quiz night in the Humber Tavern on Friday, 17 November 2017 at 7.30pm—including the draw of the P&O cruise raffle.


Votes needed on AVIVA website for the Paull Village Improvement Fund

·  Charity status- awaiting decision, Many thanks to Cllr Lowde for continuing hard work— EON Humber Gateway support fund grant only valid to 31 December 2017.


·  YWT- site meeting with Tom Marshall (YWT) and Paul Cusick (ERYC) at The Humber Tavern bus stop 15.30pm, Thursday, 9 November 2017— Mr B Osbourne  (Village Hall) and Mr K Franks will attend—clerk to inform YWT


·  Yorkshire Enterprise Park- no update
















6.    Correspondence


a.  Review of Drainage Boards-noted

b.  Humber Nature Partnership-offering presentations to Parish Councils—clerk to book for 2018 (Feb?)

c.  Everinghams -cleaning of the War Memorial, and specialist cleaning demonstration of the stone (FOC) – clerk to send letter of thanks

d.  North Ferriby Villagers at War event poster, noted and displayed

e.  Rough sleepers survey-clerk to complete 22 November 2017

f.   Memorial Service Sunday, 12 November 2017, 3pm at the new Memorial, all 3 pubs are involved, refreshments afterwards in the Crown- £10 expenses for Bugler, Mrs Marshall very kindly offered to provide teabags etc.

Cllr Lowde explained that there has been confusion around who is to arrange

Memorial Services, and advised that PPC take ownership. A discussion took place

regarding forming a committee for future Services Memorial Services,

Proposed by Cllr Failey, seconded by Cllr Woodmansey, unanimous—clerk

to add to June/July 2018 agenda

g.  Community Safety Survey-noted







7.    Forums

a.    Yorkshire Water – nothing to report

b.    B.P. – nothing to report

c.     Nippon Gohsei : Nothing to report


d.    S.C.C. Ltd : 21 November 2017 12noon, lunch provided, at the site—Cllrs Shaw & Woodmansey

e.    Vivergo : Meeting for councillors 1st November 2017, updated by the 4 Paull Parish  councillors who attended


f. Ineos : nothing to report


g. Environment Agency : nothing to report













8.    Committees

a. Development & Conservation : Proposed Development Saltend Lane-favourable response to Councillors concerns received, also planning application Mr Mrs Barnett, 24 Thorngumbald Road, Paull-noted


b. Able UK & ABP/Siemens : nothing to report

c. Police / Neighbourhood Watch : 6 monthly update received – noted


d. Lighting : nothing to report
e. Allotments :  Cllr Beadle has asked that cars are kept off the grass track through the winter

f .School info : nothing to report
g. Sports field: nothing to report


h. Community Area: ( previously playground) as above

i. Road Safety / Highways : pothole on Paull Road near to Rosehill- clerk to report to ERYC—all present were asked to contact ERYC on 01482 393939 to report concerns

j. Emergency : nothing to report

k. Transport : update from D McGurn to check siting of materials


l) Village Hall: £400 raised from Ukulele night, bookings of the hall available


































K.       Finance :
a: clerk salary £300 +£14.77 expenses

b: Holderness Landscapes £1,675 (half year) plus £135 as per itemised invoice

c: £33 Poppy Wreath

d: £100 HCC, playing field rent

all agreed unanimously



9.           Any Questions
a) Cllr Failey queried whether a survey could be carried out – asking dog walkers if they have bags with them. Discussion around the possibility of more rubbish bins—noted that the village are up to the maximum amount

b) Mr Burns informed that the salt bin adjacent to his house has yet again been completely ruined by a vehicle crashing into it- he has informed ERYC



There being no other business, the meeting closed at 8.40pm




10.     Next Meeting: 7pm, Thursday, 7 December 2017, upstairs observation deck of the Village Hall, disabled access available