PAULL PARISH COUNCIL  : Minutes of the meeting held Thursday 1 June 2017

1.    a:  Apologies for absence :  Cllrs Shaw, Hulme, Lowde, Beadle, ERY Cllr Steel
b: In attendance :
Cllrs Woodmansey, Annison, Failey, Allen, Carlill   & Thurston, Members of the public. 
2.         Declarations of Interest (if relevant) None


3.         Minutes of the meeting held on Thursday 4 May 2017

Proposed : Cllr Failey ;  Seconded: Cllr Annison;  Vote: carries unanimously


4.       Matters Arising Therefrom :


a)      War Memorial plaque on the school wall-cleaning and repair-unanimously agreed to go ahead –

b)      Complaint from resident re wagons not taking the correct route to the National Grid site via Rosehill track-has been communication and site visits-

c)       Website- Mrs Davies Paull website now transferred and archived into the  new one- Mrs Davies informed to enable her to take down

d)      Football posts on the sports field—need wedges in to upright them

e)      Vandalism and criminal damage of the picnic tables on the field, which have been provided by young people of the village on the Lifestyle Challenge – councillors unanimous in their request that when the perpetrators are caught , they are asked to do payback and make good the damage







a)       Clerk to contact Everinghams to confirm the cleaning, and to check guarantee

b)      No further update, complicated unless evidence to pinpoint which wagons as there are several projects happening in the area


d)      Cllr Carlill will sort

e)      All evidence passed to the police, clerk to pass Cllrs request

5.    Continuing Matters :


·  Yorkshire Enterprise Park/Yorkshire Energy? Park:  planning now submitted to ERYC- Cllr Woodmansey attended the forum- plan now to be 50% of the  land used, some buildings to be much higher than original plans, queried why a new roundabout is planned? Cllr Thurston informed that neighbouring parish/town councils are looking to object.

·  Town and Parish Liaison Meeting- Cllr Shaw attended


·  Car park, woods and football field-no update


·  Village Walkabout-20 June 2017, 09.45am at the Village Hall-Cllr Woodmansey to attend


·  Sea Defences: phase 2 imminent, no evidence of any commencement- public footpath closure signs are in situ


·  Parish Plan: ongoing -Cllrs Shaw and Lowde


·  Photos for parish and ERNLLCA sites-ongoing-Cllr Beadle


·  Parish council owned photographs, power point and slides—Cllr Lowde



·  Charity Status for Paull Parish Council—next meeting- Cllr Lowde-keep the Paull Enhancement Fund bank account open—could there be fund raising events which the funds raised can be passed on once charity status

·  Path to the Church —Cllr Steel has reported-streetscene

·  Van parked at Rosegarth bungalows—no longer parked across the pavement-resident has applied to ERYC for planning for a drive

·  Speeding cars in the village-police and ERYC have been informed- a call was made recently to the 101 number with evidence of vehicle registration (it took 15-20 minutes to be answered)-police assured they will speak to the driver

·  Declaration and code of Conduct forms- are these completed annually??-clerk to speak to County Hall for guidance




























6.    Correspondence


a.  Playdale Playgrounds -offer of free consultation-possibly 8 June–clerk to contact and pass Cllr Failey’s contact details. Also information from AMV playgrounds detailing possible funding support-clerk to contact to ask for further information, and respond to the email form Jamie Leeson regarding ‘Active Spaces’

b.  Vivergo-looking for an outdoor space to renew as part of their commitment to Hull 2017 UK City of Culture

c.  Fly the Red Ensign for Merchant Navy Day-proposed by Cllr Failey, seconded Cllr Allen, vote unanimous, to purchase 2 flags 72”x 36”








b) Clerk to contact Nick Thompson Vivergo to invite to July meeting


c) Clerk to order 2 flags





7.    Forums

a.    Yorkshire Water – nothing to report

b.    B.P. – nothing to report

c.     Nippon Gohsei : Nothing to report


d.    S.C.C. Ltd : nothing to report

e.    Vivergo : nothing to report (see in correspondence)


f. Ineos : nothing to report


g. Environment Agency : nothing to report













8.    Committees

a. Development & Conservation : nothing to report


b. Able UK & ABP/Siemens : nothing to report

c.Police / Neighbourhood Watch : no update received—cllrs queried why no update
d.Lighting : nothing to report
e.Allotments :  concerns that plants have been stolen

f.School info : nothing to report
g. Sports field:cllr Carlill re goalposts


h.Playground:Cllr Failey- see ‘correspondence’

i.Road Safety / Highways : ongoing concerns regarding speeding cars in the village-evidence reported to police

j.Emergency : ongoing- Cllr Shaw

k.Transport : Our bus champions informed that there is a bus to and from Morrisons one day a week, cost £10, or £5 with a bus pass. Clerk informed them that no contact has been made with Bill Marwood from Burton Pidsea, there is no reply to the phone calls, and no answer machine facility to leave him a message. Mrs Marshall will pass on my contact details if he contacts her. Mr Franks and Mrs Marshall have received from Cllr Steel some costings re the possibility of the HART bus. Mrs Marshall disappointed with a response from A Fowler at ERYC.


l) Village Hall: nothing to report









c)clerk to email the police to ask for continual updates for the council meetings






















K.       Finance :
a: £3.87 YW-allotment bill

b : £120 – Holderness Landscapes, topping of graves

c: £1675- Holderness Landscapes, half year payment
d : £120- PKF Littlejohn-annual returns

e : £150- Paull Hosting, training (ERNLLCA grant)

f  : £150- L Kelly, training (ERNLLCA grant)

g  :£56+ £11.20vat, 2 red flags for Merchant Navy Day
All approved unanimously.



9.           Any Questions
a) Cllr Failey reported the new manhole cover fitted by Cllr Beadle has again been vandalised 

b) Revamping of the allotments bus shelter


c)Concerns that the timetable box at the Humber Tavern Shelter open- dealt with by Cllr Failey, also no flags have yet been placed by ERYC




There being no other business, the meeting closed at 7.50pm




a)Cllr Carlill will deal


 b)Cllr Carlill will deal


 c)Clerk to again  contact Debbie McGurn at ERYC







10.     Next Meeting: 7pm, Thursday, 6 July 2017, Upper deck of the Village Hall