PAULL PARISH COUNCIL
Minutes of the ANNUAL PARISH MEETING held Thursday May 4 2017
- Apologies : Cllr Allen & Carlill
- In attendance : Cllrs Shaw, Failey, Lowde, Hulme, Woodmansey, Annison, Beadle;
ERYCllr Steel, members of the public & the Clerk.
- Election of Chairman : Cllr Shaw agreed to be nominated to stand for another term of office : nominated by Cllr Hulme, seconded Cllr Annison. There being no other nominations, Cllr Shaw was elected unanimously.
- Election of Vice-Chairman : Cllr Failey stood down, Cllr Woodmansey asked to be considered : nominated by Cllr Failey, seconded Cllr Hulme. There being no other nominations, Cllr Woodmansey was elected unanimously.
- Elections to committees :
|· Chairman of the Parish Council
|· BP Community Forum
· Vivergo Community Forum
· SCCL Community Forum
· Nippon Gohsei Community Forum
· INEOS Community Forum
|Cllrs Shaw & Woodmansey, clerk
Cllrs Annison, Shaw & Woodmansey – all interested parties are welcome.
Cllrs Shaw, Lowde & Woodmansey
Cllrs Failey, Allen & clerk
Cllr Failey, clerk.
|Allotments||Cllrs Annison, Hulme & Beadle|
|Cemetery||Lynda Kelly(Clerk), Cllrs Annison, and Shaw|
|Emergency & Flooding||All Councillors : Mr S Taylor is flood liaison committee representative|
|Environment Agency Liaison||Cllr Hulme|
|Finance||Cllr Lowde is Finance Manager; all councillors are members of the Finance Committee|
|Police Liaison||Cllr Allen|
|School Liaison||Cllr Shaw|
|Village Hall||Cllrs Allen & Lowde; all councillors are Trustees of the Village Hall Trust|
|Village maintenance||Cllr Annison, Allen & Failey|
|· Development & Conservation,
· Crime Prevention
· Neighbourhood Watch
· Road Safety
- Minutes of meeting 01/05/15 : Proposed …Cllr Failey….. Seconded …Cllr Woodmansey…….. Vote…unanimous……………
- Matters arising therefrom :
Following the retirement of Mrs Davies, Mrs Kelly was appointed as clerk, which includes responsibility for the new cemetery
- Chairman’s report :
Accepted unanimously; to be posted in the Council Noticeboard and on the website.
- Presentation of the Balance Sheet (circulated)
Accepted unanimously. To be submitted to the auditors, and posted in the Council Noticeboard and on the website.
- Annual Reports from Committees
- Development & Conservation : No update on the Yorkshire Energy Park, the start of Phase 2 of the sea defences in Paull is imminent
- Miscellaneous :
- Cemetery –updating of new clerk contact details to funeral directors and stonemasons ongoing
- Village Hall – no report – to be covered in the Council meeting to follow.
- Forums – no report – to be covered in the Council meeting to follow.
- Police / Neighbourhood Watch – monthly and 6 monthly figures available – to be covered in the Council meeting to follow.
- Flooding – no report – to be covered in the Council meeting to follow.
- Lighting – no report – to be covered in the Council meeting to follow.
- Allotments – only 2 allotments available – to be covered in the Council meeting to follow.
- School info – no report- to be covered in the Council meeting to follow.
- Road Safety / Highways – ERYC and local police aware of concerns of speeding cars through the village.
- Emergency – no report – to be covered in the Council meeting to follow.
- Transport – Mrs Marshall and Mr Franks continue as Village Transport Champions to represent Paull.
- Sports Field – could it’s sport usage be explored
- Media – no report – to be covered in the Council meeting to follow.
- Resolutions / questions sent in writing
- Any Other Questions
None – all dealt with during the course of the meeting.
- There being no other business, the meeting closed at 7.15p.m. and was followed immediately by the May PC meeting.