PAULL PARISH COUNCIL: Agenda for Thursday 2 March 2017

  1. a:  Apologies for absence :

b: In attendance :  

  1. Declarations of Interest (if relevant)
  1. Minutes of the meeting held on Thursday 2 February 2017

Proposed :                             Seconded:                            Vote:

Matters Arising therefrom :    

  1. National Grid replacement pipeline- email from Tom Hall with answers to queries from the presentation
  2. Carpark, woods, lane, football field-any updates?
  3. Bus shelters- ground works at Turpit Lane-commenced 22 Feb 2017—
  4. Plaque for Humber Tavern bus shelter- design by Cllr Shaw and  Cllr Hulme,  Cllr Beadle will then make
  5. Plaque dedicated to Mrs Franks- Mr Franks will write the wording and give to Cllr Beadle, he will then make
  6. Topping of graves- Holderness Landscapes happy to top and grass seed for £30
  7. Emergency plan-copy of previous, and template available to update
  8. Parking in Paghill—Cllr’s Steel and Bryan looking into
  9. House in Paghill- is it HMO-Cllr Steel will enquire
  10. Alarm at the Shipyard constantly sounding through the night-Cllr Beadle – was being run on an emergency generator until new system installed- should be ok now
  11. Manhole covers in the woods- Cllr Beadle will put plywood over
  12. Playland- Cllr Failey will get some prices, and look at arranging some fund-raising events
  13. Possible altering of the corner at Townend Road and Back Lane, cutting back to enable larger vehicles to turn left without having to churn up the grass—Cllr Steel will explore
  14. Note to Mr Paling re trailer left in Main Street, often full of rubbish
  15. Litter pick by ERYC from Saltend and Hedon- Cllr Steel will explore
  16. Charity status for PPC?-Cllr Lowde will explore
  1. Continuing Matters :
  • Bank Mandate- paperwork to be completed to enable Cllr’s to visit Barclays Bank with passport/driving licence and utility bill
  • Declaration and code of conduct forms
  • Yorkshire Enterprise Park- no information
  • Sea Defences- plans were on show in the village hall- are we writing again to ERYC with concerns?
  • Parish Plan -ongoing
  • Website- now up and running, ongoing training from BW to continue
  • Village Hall- website opportunity-Cllr Lowde to discuss with village hall committee then contact B Woodmansey
  • Alzheimer’s pop in—could they bring a stand? do some training? recruit volunteers?-has a date been arranged with village hall committee via Cllr Lowde and Kirsty Akrill?
  • Photos for Parish council website and ERNLLCA website-Cllr Beadle
  1. Correspondence
  1. Complaint from resident at Anson Villas regarding the car boot sale and the state of the road
  2. HART bus- possible donation from PPC?
  3. Grantfinder ESF Community Grants
  4. Outstrays to Skeffling re-alignment
  1. Forums
  1. Yorkshire Water: nothing to report
  2. B.P.: forum and supper-5 April 2017 at Lambert House, 6pm start- names to be submitted
  3. Nippon Gohsei: nothing to report
  4. S.C.C. Ltd: nothing to report
  5. Vivergo: meeting 22 February 2017
  6. Ineos: nothing to report
  1. Committees
  1. Development & Conservation : new system at ERYC
  2. Able UK & ABP/Siemens:
  3. Police / Neighbourhood Watch: zero figures last month
  4. Lighting:
  5. Allotments: £25 payments due 1 April 2017-Cllr Beadle-receipt book?
  6. School info:
  7. Sports field:
  8. Playground: as above
  9. Road Safety / Highways:
  10. Emergency:
  11. Transport:
  12. Village hall:
  1. Finance:
  1. From ERNLLCA grant (£1982)- Paull Hosting- initial clerk training -£300
  2. From ERNLCCA grant (£1982)-clerk- initial website training-25h@£12p/h -£300
  3. Turpit Lane bus shelter-£3,474
  4. Yorkshire water-£38.86


  1. Any Questions:
  1. Next Meeting:

Thursday  6 April 2017 starting at 7 p.m. in the upstairs observation deck of Paull Village Hall (disabled access available.)