PAULL PARISH COUNCIL  : Minutes of the meeting held Thursday 5 January 2017

1.    a:  Apologies for absence :  Cllrs Beadle and Steel
b: In attendance :
Cllrs Shaw, Woodmansey, Hulme, Carlill, Failey, Annison, Lowde , Thurston & Members of the public. 
2.         Declarations of Interest (if relevant) Cllr Woodmansey


3.         Minutes of the meeting held on Thursday 1 December  2016

Proposed : Cllr Hulme ;  Seconded: Cllr Annison;  Vote: carries unanimously


4.       Matters Arising Therefrom :


a)       Deeds for land- agreed that the boundary is the same on the council paperwork as on Mr P Knight’s

b)      National Grid-  Thomas Hall invited to Feb meeting

c)       ERYC Chairman’s Awards- difficulty in nominating into the stated categories

d)      Dog fouling- complaints from around the village about increasing amount of excreta not being cleaned up -we now have lamppost stickers

e)      Signs for barriers Paull Primary re parking dangerously—PPC to fund–possible competition for designs


f)        Bus shelters- discussion around ERYC engineers request of open end at Turpit Lane— Both Turpit Lane and Humber Tavern are now ordered from Shelutions-who will do the groundworks for the Tavern one, and will try to help out by removing the glass from Turpit Lane for PPC if timings allow.  The Tavern shelter will hopefully be in situ mid January, and Turpit Lane mid February once ERYC have completed the re-sited groundworks. Payment for the Humber Tavern from the Paull Enhancement Fund. Unanimously agreed for PPC to fund a plaque stating all the causes that the fund has supported.


g)       ERNLCCA-have assisted in completing a funding bid of £1,982 for PPC  to enable PPC to comply with the Transparency Code, and have a website in place by 1/2/2017, training and support to be provided by Ben Woodmansey, Paull Hosting




h)      Precept- a discussion took place, it was agreed that the precept would be raised from £9,100 to £9,500 -the first rise in several years












Cllr Shaw to speak with Mr Rowe


Cllrs Shaw and Hulme to explore plaques,

Clerk to liaise with Shelutions and Debbie McGurn ERYC



Clerk to liaise with Ben Woodmansey of Paull Hosting re website




Clerk to complete and return the paperwork to County Hall



5.    Continuing Matters :


·  Bank Mandate-paperwork with Barclays Bank to change clerk details. Will then allow any 2 out of the 3 signatures to sign

·  Declaration and code of conduct forms- ERYC need these when all completed


·  Yorkshire Enterprise Park- no information


·  Glass wall- Following the update from Paul Cusick (ERYC) regarding phase two at December’s PC meeting, Cllrs expressed serious concerns regarding where the new defences are proposed to end near Anson Villas, which would allow the erosion to continue, and the dangers that the erosion presents to children and anglers now.




·  Parish Plan: ongoing -Cllrs Shaw and Lowde
·  Village Hall : Cllr Lowde (chairman of the village hall committee) expressed an interest by the committee to access PPC website, and would be willing to make a contribution
·  Playground : no further progress

·  Website-see above –funding bid to enable PPC to comply with Transparency Code- website to be in place by 1 February 2017 (successful funding to be released and deposited into PPC bank around 31/1/2017)

·  Purchase of land-Cllr Steel

·  Warning signs for danger re no boundary fence carpark/poor state of the lane-no further information











Clerk to contact Paul Cusick with PPC concerns,

Cllr Shaw to provide photographs to support concerns















Clerk to email James Joannoue at NPS for update

6.    Correspondence


a.  The England Coastal Path- drop in Paull Village Hall Monday, 23 January 2017, 16.30pm – 19.00pm



b.  Open Spaces information- noted


c.  Humber & Wolds Rural Community Project




d.  ERYC bill for grounds maintenance—grass cutting of football pitch (x20)


e.  South Holderness Drainage Board information—Cllr Annison explained-noted
f.   AON insurance information- noted, check any changes when insurance due for renewal


g.  Altzheimers Awareness -information from Cllr Failey- they are wanting to arrange a drop-in in Paull Village Hall (Cllr Lowde stated there would be no cost)


h.  Grantfinder-Tesco, communities fund, woodland creation grant-noted


i.    Buckingham Palace Garden Party 23 May 2017-cllrs nominated Cllr and Mrs S Hulme


j.    Email from Holderness Gazette asking for comments regarding the chaos with cars/parking/ roads blocked in the village on the 2017 Hull firework display (accessed after the cut-off date)











Clerk to explore cost to join




Clerk to send cheque









Clerk to contact Kirsty Akrill for dates, then arrange with Cllr Lowde



Clerk to send nomination to ERNLCCA



Clerk to update Holderness Gazette with Paull Parish Council contact details

7.    Forums

a.    Yorkshire Water: extra activity noted this week with many tankers at the sewerage works at Rosehill,

b.    B.P.:nothing to repot

c.     Nippon Gohsei :  nothing to report
d.    S.C.C. Ltd: nothing to report

e.    Vivergo : agreed PPC will respond to DFT in support of Vivergo




f. Ineos: nothing to report



Clerk to contact YW for update, and ask that PPC are kept informed






Clerk to complete the proforma and email to DFT





8.    Committees

a. Development & Conservation : nothing to report


b. Able UK & ABP/Siemens : nothing new to report,  (first loaded ship left Siemens 5/1/17 for Norfolk coast)

c.              Police / Neighbourhood Watch : figures shared, and information regarding the car chaos in the village the evening of the Hull City of Culture firework display received. Cllrs expressed concern that 2 recent burglaries had been omitted from the figures
d. Lighting: Light at 5 Back Lane re-instated by ERYC, thanks to Cllr Hulme for his input

e. Allotments: Cllr Carlill has the file for Cllr Beadle

f.   School info: as above re banners around parking
g. Sports field : nothing to report

h. Road Safety / Highways : people now unable to use the path leading out of the village to the church as it has been further churned up by cars parking for the fireworks display- concerns around safety as they are having to walk/ wheelchair on the road

i.   Emergency : nothing to report

j.   Transport : Mr Franks and Mrs Marshall explained the new timetables and passed out copies

k.  Village Hall:  see above










Clerk to contact PC’s Cook and Crosse








Cllr Shaw

Clerk to inform ERYC and Cllr Steel


9: Finance :
a: Yorkshire Water-paid £61.05 (overdue water rates) 14/12/2016

b : ERYC £726.28 (20x grass cutting football field)-clerk to post cheque

c: Bus shelters- (on hold-to be paid 14 days from invoice)
d : clerk £50 (funeral)

(e: £500 deposited -grave)
All approved unanimously.

9.           Any Questions
a)       Cllrs were informed that Mr Waters, retired head of Paull Primary School, had recently passed away, would it be appropriate for PPC or school to send condolences? 

b)      It was queried who is responsible for levelling graves, is it the responsibility of relatives, could the cost for maintenance for the first year be included in the initial cost of the grave



Cllr Shaw will discuss with Mr Rowe for school to send condolences


Clerk to contact neighbouring parish clerk for advice


10.     Next Meeting:

 Thursday 2nd February 2017 starting at 7 p.m. in the upstairs observation deck of Paull Village Hall (disabled access available.)


There being no other business, the meeting closed at 9.05 p.m.